- Red Wing, MN, USA
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
Strategy & Planning
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Develop and recommend long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Develop and deploy standard images for various models of workstations.
- Administer the entire life-cycle of desktop hardware and software.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Configure and utilize centralized supervisory system to automate the deployment of computer images and applications based on AD policies and groups.
- Configure and maintain windows mobile devices; and other equipment as adopted by RWSC.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and supervise contract-based installations.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Support specialized computers, terminals and interfaces for supply chain desktops (manufacturing, distribution and shipping).
- Provide second level escalation for critical desktop and end user support issues. (i.e. helpdesk requests regarding desktop hardware or software problems).
- Perform moves, additions and changes in conjunction with personnel changes such as new hires, terminations and role changes within the organization.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2-3 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office components and basic networking.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and desktop hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Windows-based laptops and desktops.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into desktop issues and products as required.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)