PM/Overnight Dishwasher/Kitchen Steward
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
The Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher is a great first step in your culinary career! The ideal candidate believes in showing up on time for work, providing other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed, and following all sanitary and health-related protocols. This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish washing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
Hours: 2-10pm 3 days/week, 10pm-6am 2 days/week
- Deep cleaning kitchen and equipment at least 2 overnights/week to ensure sanitation standards are maintained.
- Sweeping and mopping the entire kitchen, dish areas, restaurant line, and Banquet areas, and walk-in coolers.
- Cleaning china, silverware, and glassware by operating dish machine or by hand as needed.
- Washing and clearing counters, shelves, and queens.
- Washing dish area and kitchen mats.
- Assisting the cooks with set-up and breakdown and cleanliness.
- Monitoring trash and recycling levels in all areas, removing when needed.
- Washing pots and pans and returning them to their proper place after cleaning; scrubbing kettles, and skillets.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and one to three months related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)