Hotel Laundry Lead - Full Time
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
You’ll get your workout in, joining our fast-paced team. You’ll genuinely smile as you interact with our guests and team in a gorgeous historic environment. You’ll work hard and deserve to be rewarded with great benefits like FREE, delicious staff meals for lunch, or dinner, FREE uniform laundry, and nice coworkers in a friendly environment.
Position is primarily responsible for daily operation of laundry functions, ensuring proper work procedures are followed and staffing and supply levels are maintained. Responsibility extends to working condition of equipment, preventive maintenance and ensuring optimum usage of resources.
- Delegates responsibilities to employees adequately to ensure effective and appropriate accomplishment of tasks as needed.
- Assures that adequate supply of clean linen is maintained at all times.
- Completes inventories on linen and laundry supplies, load counts and necessary forms and submits on a regular basis.
- Requisitions and maintains adequate level of supplies.
- Keeps Manager advised on equipment and supply needs.
- Ensures that proper laundry procedures are followed.
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in laundry room.
- Prepares work schedule to assure proper staffing levels.
- Assures that all soiled laundry has been collected, cleaned and delivered as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two to three years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
· Previous supervisory experience.
· Analytical thinking skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Customer service driven.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
· Must be able to relate to all different types of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, bending, and crawling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)