Region Operations Manager
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
*This is a remote position*
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Execute operational plans for Red Wing Shoe Stores (RWSS), Red Wing Industrial Centers and shoemobiles (RWIC), and support Red Wing dealership stores to optimize distribution, maximize sales, and drive profitable growth. Manage retail and industrial store staff and share best practices with the dealership stores in order to enhance the sales, profitability, and image of Red Wing Shoe Company. Collaborate with regional and corporate teams to achieve regional goals, and implement standards, policies and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieve sales and financial objectives for RWSS and RWIC and share best practices with RW dealership stores.
- Accountable for profit and loss at the store level within assigned territory
- Build and promote operational effectiveness of Store Managers and associates by utilizing the 4 Wall Ownership principles including building revenue growth, margin improvement, profit growth and expense control
- Participate in annual budget process
- Prepare business plan for all store formats within assigned territory
- Analyze performance variances to maximize business efficiencies
- Insure financial accuracy of all store inventories
- Oversee all Accounts Receivable processes to maximize sales and profits
- Oversee expense management for stores and trucks
2. Ensure operational excellence for RWSS and RWIC, and share best practices, guidance, and support to Red Wing dealership stores
- Ensure policies, practices, and standards (compliance) are consistently executed including:
- Operational compliance
- Red Wing Experience, Retail Selling Process, Fitting Stool Leads, sales promotions, advertising, and Red Line
- Human Resources compliance with policies, procedures, and adherence to local and federal laws
- Asset management and asset protection including stores, shoe mobiles, inventory, cash, maintaining quality of fixture, capital investment, safety, security systems, and other facility needs.
- Partner with regional team, corporate teams, Product Development, Marketing, National Accounts and/or Human Resources to implement initiatives and programs through:
- Industrial sales lead generation programs, retail business development initiatives, new dealer investor prospects
- Merchandising effectiveness
- Inventory productivity to ensure appropriate product level and mix to meet the needs of the local market while ensuring new styles, best selling styles, and emerging styles are supported
- Promotional and advertising plans
- New store concepts and retail projects
- Product knowledge, daily store/shoe mobile operations, sales and new staff training
- Real Estate initiatives including store closings, store’s sold, store purchases, new store site selections and openings, relocations in all store formats
- Analyze region needs and opportunities, submitting proposals to Region Director and corporate teams for enhancing store operations, learning and development initiatives, control procedures, sales and growth opportunities, lean initiatives, new dealer investor opportunities and candidates
- Conduct store audits and store performance reviews using standards checklists, initiates corrective action plan and shares best practices as appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing Store Manager, Manager-in-Training (MIT) and associate training meetings in an effort to improve revenues, enhance product knowledge, and daily store operations.
· Additional responsibilities for RW Industrial Centers
o Insure that complete records for all shoemobile appointments, sales, and reports are maintained
o Manage shoe mobile program by monitoring productivity, truck expense controls and compliance with vehicle licensing, driver certification, insurance, DOT regulations, and maintenance of each vehicle.
o Support dealership industrial and shoemobile programs through guidance and share best practices
· Additional responsibilities for RW Dealerships:
- Provide sales and operational support to Red Wing Shoe Store Dealership stores, while enforcing the Red Wing Shoe Company Dealership Agreement. Work with store owners, managers and associates to involve them with RWSS in mutually agreed upon areas; such as sales generation, credit relationships, advertising, store moves, remodels, closings, personnel changes, and trucks (territories and agreements).
- At minimum yearly and within 120 days of Dealership Agreement expiration, meet with the store owner to review the store’s performance in sales achievement and growth. Review store build-out and compliance of all areas of the Dealer Agreement
o Promote and support the current accounting system to each Dealership owner and recommend they participate in the program.
o Establish with each store owner/manager a 12-month operational and sales budget plan for each Red Wing Shoe Store.
- Maintain a file for each Dealership store for store operations, training, store visits, control procedures and all documentation.
3. Manage Red Wing retail and industrial store staff through talent management initiatives
· Manage assigned retail store and industrial center staff in compliance with RW Human Resources policies and procedures including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, ongoing performance management, salary and incentive administration, communication, coaching, team building, compliance, and terminations (voluntary or involuntary).
· Promote learning and development initiatives to ensure new staff and tenured staff are enabled to perform his/her responsibilities, to schedule and monitor completion of required RW training programs, to build competencies that enable career development, to inspire the sharing of knowledge and expertise through formal and informal channels, and to collaborate on succession planning.
· Build and sustains high store employee morale
· Ensure a safe, secure and legal work environment
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
· Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
· Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
· Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
· Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
· Conduct self according to RWSC policies/Handbook.
Internal: Senior VP /General Managers/VP, Business Planning, BP Business Services, Director Business Operations, Global Work North America Sales & Operations, Global Work Sales and Distribution, Marketing, Advertising/Promotion, Product Managers, Customer Service, Credit, Finance, Supply Chain/Operations, Quality, Human Resources, IT, Retail Store Management, Vasque, Heritage.
External: Consumers, Dealership Store Managers and staff, Store Owners/Investors, Landlords, Distributors, Suppliers, Agents, Governmental Officials, Legal personnel
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and three to five years of retail and/or industrial experience preferably with RWSC; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Retail operations expertise
Effective manager of people, supporting employee development and performance excellence through Talent Management initiatives
Analytical mindset for forecasting, inventory and expense management, profitability, consumer selling
Retail footwear and/or wholesale experience
Retail Inventory Management System (RIMS) or equivalent
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
Two or more years of multi-store management responsibility.
Thorough knowledge of Red Wing Shoe Company’s mission, values, and organization structure
Thorough knowledge of Red Wing Shoe Company products, go-to-market strategy, and logistics
Collaborator, teaming mentality within a matrixed organization
Profit and loss accountability
Strategic thinking and planning
LEAN thinking, nimble to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
Team and collaboration orientation
Problem solving, performance driven
Effective Written/Verbal Communication
Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel, Outlook
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
Valid Driver’s License
Personal credit card for reimbursable expenses
Live within the assigned region
Travel 70% of time. 30% in an office environment
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)