- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
Starting Salary: $16-18/hour DOQ
Lead and assist in coordinating the activities of and helps to direct the training of cooks and other kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable foods service. Accurately and efficiently cook hot and cold food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees, monitors, and executes the prep, production, and inspection of food to maintain quality standards.
- Oversees assigned staff: provide clear direction and expectations; coach; enforce systems, policies and procedures; assist in managing performance; assist in recruiting, selecting and onboarding new employees to ensure maximum safety, efficiency, and guest satisfaction.
- Comply with and exceed all Health Code guidelines to guarantee we are handling anything consumed by our guests safely and properly.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems and controlling food costs.
- Issue assignments to staff, reviewing special requests and areas of concentration, to ensure a smooth flow of the kitchen.
- Facilitate the organization and cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Coordinate activities within the department to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Serv Safe Certification
- First Aid/CPR Certification
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of food allergens and dietary restriction preparation.
- Knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations.
- Experience assisting in development of menu items.
- Proficient use of Word, Outlook, Internet, Inventory Management Systems.
- Ability to work in various line cooking positions within multiple culinary outlets
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal relationships with guests and employees.
- Must be able to relate to all different types of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- Previous supervisory experience
- Able to demonstrate expertise with creating visual food presentations.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, mentoring, and leadership skills.
- Bias toward action and excellence in operational execution.
- Demonstrated ability to openly communicate with people at all levels of the organization, strong written and oral communication skills.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
All offers of employment are contingent on results of pre-employment screenings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)