Customer Service Rep - Consumer Specialist
- Red Wing, MN, USA
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit team atmosphere that comes with being a privately held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Our focus on our people and culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Principles of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring Our People, Centering on the Customer, and Preserving the Long Term Success and Legacy of Our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
Deliver remarkable customer service to our consumers or dealers who make inquiries about our products and services or who purchase our product online. Ensure that issues or concerns are handled promptly and thoroughly through verbal or written communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide our consumers with a “remarkable” experience by providing friendly, knowledgeable Customer Service that exceeds their expectations.
- Resolve consumer concerns by developing a solution that leaves the consumer feeling satisfied with the outcome.
- Assist consumers with questions regarding ordering, order status, product selection, shipping/returns of online purchases.
- Educate consumers about product and services and recommend the appropriate product solution.
- Receive, answer, and resolve consumer/dealer concerns and/or inquiries via phone, e-mail, written correspondence, web forms and chat.
- General knowledge of the outdoors in terms of hiking, backpacking, trail running and walking.
- Require professional phone and written communication styles and attention to detail that is required during high volume periods.
- Direct consumers to their nearest store or online retailer to facilitate sales.
- Log consumer cases into Salesforce.com.
- Escalate Product Quality concerns from dealers and consumers through Salesforce.com.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and one to three years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must be related to customer service.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in the ecommerce channel
- Significant Knowledge of product offerings
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Salesforce.com, Serenade, chat and order systems.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent at problem solving.
- Customer service driven.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Managing Change.
- Must be able to relate to all different types of people from different cultures and backgrounds. They must establish trust between customers and the company, and must give the impression of sincerity, empathy and willingness to serve the customer.
Office environment that consists of extensive sitting, keyboarding and extensive amount of time spent responding to emails.
Will be required to work Saturdays and flex hours during the week and holidays. Occasional overtime required. Fast pace during peak times, which require skills to handle multiple tasks and the ability to prioritize. Dealing with irate and sometimes abusive consumers.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)