Front Desk Supervisor
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
We are seeking Guest Service Supervisor to lead the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. Leading and completing Front Desk functions on assigned shifts to ensure the guest service according to established standards, as well as to achieve effective and efficient supervision of staff.
- Warmly and enthusiastically greet arriving guests and assist them with check in/out to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcome while also providing information. Promote hotel services and amenities to the guests. Answer guest calls, make reservations, accept guest’s requests and re-direct to the appropriate department if needed. Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner.
- Follow proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are utilized to maximize rooms and amenity revenues.
- Supervise assigned staff: provide clear direction and expectations; coach; enforce systems, policies and procedures; assist in managing performance; assist in recruiting, selecting and onboarding new employees to ensure maximum safety, efficiency, and guest satisfaction.
- Supervise and inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Investigate, respond, and/or take corrective action to guest requests, concerns, and problems to ensure high guest satisfaction, assist with lost and found inquiries.
- Coordinate staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards.
- Works as a team player in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- One-year certificate from college or technical school and 2 years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hotel front desk experience.
- Experience with a Property Management System.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly and professional demeanor when handling all situations.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and possess strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Either bi-lingual or multi-lingual.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, or bend for the entire shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 10 lbs regularly.
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, and see.
- Housekeeping duties
- Including but not limited to: vacuuming, mopping floors, washing windows.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)