- Red Wing, MN, USA
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
- Develop a deep understanding of the brand, the consumer, and the product to present a compelling story online while maximize revenue and conversion.
- Serve as the subject matter expert of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud merchandising capabilities and general functionality with hands-on use of the software.
- Plan and deploy website content across all pages of the website.
- Determine and execute site taxonomy and style categorization to drive excellent user experience related to shopping, filtering, searching and product findability.
- Recommend and execute seasonal merchandising plans to create a compelling consumer experience and to effectively present product stories in an integrated manner across all ecommerce touch points (website, email, social, etc.).
- Identify product assortment for ecommerce in the context of broader brand channel assortment strategy, including website exclusives and ensure quality in-stock rates.
- Manage product lifecycle and associated markdown cadence.
- Recommend and execute seasonal promotional plans to maximize revenue and achieve gross margin targets.
- Use reporting and web analytic tools to analyze website and product performance and optimize accordingly.
- Research the marketplace and competitive set for trends and new ideas related to the online consumer shopping experience and site presentation.
- Partner with Digital Marketing team to support SEO initiatives.
- Provide website analytics on a periodic basis; monitoring website KPIs and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Merchandising, Advertising, or Business.
- 3+ years of online merchandising experience, preferably in a direct-to-consumer environment. Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience preferred.
- Experience with web technology platforms/working with a content management system to update website content.
- Quantitative/analytical skills necessary.
- Strong coordination and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Strong understanding and passion for websites, UI and Visual Site Merchandising.
- General product knowledge of footwear & apparel a plus. Retail experience a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)