Hotel Front Desk Guest Service
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
You will warmly and enthusiastically greet arriving guests and assist them with check in/out to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcome while also providing information. As the first impression of the St. James Hotel, we are seeking Guest Service Representatives to be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will warmly and enthusiastically greet arriving guests and assist them with check in/out to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcome while also providing information. You will promote hotel services and amenities to the guests. You will answer guest calls, make reservations, accept guest’s requests and re-direct to the appropriate department if needed.
This position includes variable shifts between the hours of 7am and 11 pm and have availability on Saturdays and Sundays.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- One-year certificate from college or technical school and three to six months related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hotel front desk experience.
- Experience with a Property Management Systems
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly and professional demeanor when handling all situations.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and possess strong multi-tasking abilities.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)