- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
You’ll work hard and deserve to be rewarded with great benefits like FREE, delicious staff meals for lunch, or dinner, FREE uniform laundry, and nice coworkers in a friendly environment. You’ll get your workout in, joining our fast-paced team, as you move throughout the property creating beautiful and stunning rooms. You’ll genuinely smile as you interact with our guests and team in a gorgeous historic environment.
Maintain cleanliness throughout entire hotel property to ensure high standard of guest service and satisfaction.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen.
- Inspect rooms for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly; replace batteries, light bulbs, etc. Report requests for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Make beds and fold sheets.
- Remove trash, dirty linens and room service items.
- Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances.
- Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and floor care duties.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and six to twelve months related experience/training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, bending, and crawling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)