- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
Are you looking to continuously grow your knowledge and skills in the food and beverage industry?
The Part-Time Wait Assistant is responsible for providing the highest level of beverage and dining service to customers of The St. James Hotel, while building trusted and valued relationships with the customers and providing additional services that meet and exceed their expectations. Applicants must have evening, weekend, holiday availability for predominantly daytime hours.
- Collects and transports food orders from kitchen, adds the appropriate garnish and serves to patrons.
- Checks food orders for accuracy and spec presentation and ensures no blemishes exist on plates prior to serving.
- Serves food according to standards and to established service sequence.
- Stocks/replenishes an adequate supply of clean linen, flatware, glassware, china and To Go supplies based on expected business volumes.
- Responds to guest questions. Provides guest assistance, direction and information as needed.
- Transports dirty dishes/glassware, etc. from dining room to kitchen and places items into proper cleaning receptacles such as glass racks and silverware bins.
- Supports and assists servers.
- Supports host staff with seating guests; service and bus staff with bussing dirty tables, cleaning floors, arranging tables, making pre-sets, and filling water glasses.
- Cleans and polishes glassware, flatware, and equipment. Removes trash, sweeps and mops floors.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to six months related experience with serving experience. Able to demonstrate good verbal, written, and communication skills with attention to detail and interpersonal relationships with guests and employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at shoulder level.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- One free meal per shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)