Director of Digital Marketing
- Red Wing, MN, USA
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit team atmosphere that comes with being a privately held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Our focus on our people and culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring Our People, Centering on the Customer, and Preserving the Long Term Success and Legacy of Our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
You challenge the status quo. You think digital first (only?). You embrace and are exhilarated by the constant and continuous re-invention that digital provides and requires to drive consumer value. A critical member of the marketing leadership team, the Director of Digital Marketing is the senior most marketing lead responsible for planning, developing and executing impactful, customer-centric, fully-integrated digital marketing programs, campaigns and initiatives to drive both long-term brand equity and short-term demand for all brands and business units of Red Wing Shoe Company. Working with Marketing/Brand/Ecomm Leadership, this position will provide digital leadership to all brands – directing, inspiring and challenging a small, but mighty, internal team and augmented external agency partner network. The position will be responsible for representing the voice-of-consumer and their respective journey in all digital efforts, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders, and must equally blend a deep understanding of digital marketing strategies and techniques, marketing analytics, and strong execution skills. It is an awesome position that will have significant influence over the direction of the marketing practice at Red Wing Shoe Company for years to come. Come build your legacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Voice of Consumer – Represent the voice of consumer in a multi-segment, multi-touch marketing/sales cycle leveraging consumer insights, data/analytics, trends and research to drive/inform segment selection, persona development and refinement, journey mapping, and channel engagement strategies
- Channel Marketing – Develop a cohesive integrated digital marketing strategy for business unit and brand-specific initiatives, through a palette of digital marketing levers that provides customer/consumer value throughout their lifecycle and buying journey, inclusive of Paid Digital Media (Video, Display, SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, etc.), email/CRM, Social, SEO and site.
- Marketing Effectiveness – Monitor, measure and analyze the effectiveness of various marketing initiatives using both qualitative and quantitative inputs/techniques to enable continuous learning, campaign/program optimization, and to drive consumer personalization at scale; partner with Marketing Technology Team to continue to augment/refine our marketing technology stack to drive campaign and team productivity
- Resource Management – Direct and manage a matrix of shared, internal marketing channel, creative/content resources and external agency/subject matter experts, including but not limited to creative/content developers, traditional/digital advertising firms, analytics, ecomm/web team, etc.; Manage and report on the efficacy of digital marketing budgets.
- Relationship Alignment – Ensure internal strategic and executional alignment with key stakeholders from Marketing and Business Unit Leadership, Sales, Product Development, Business Technology, Retail Operations, E-Commerce, and International (Global B2B) teams as well as internal Marketing Team stakeholders.
- Team Leadership – Be one of a handful of senior marketing leads within the Marketing Team to drive a more progressive, contemporary marketing organization by evangelizing the contributions of the digital marketing team, creating enterprise-wide standards and best practices, be not afraid to get your hands dirty, have fun, and create demonstrable value to the company.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing or a related area of study and a minimum of 10 years of progressively more senior digital marketing responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with competitive brands or like-minded categories of business targeting a similar type of consumer segment in a true multi-channel commerce environment
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver with a willingness and proven ability to challenge the status quo with multiple unknown inputs as the organization evolves to a more contemporary practice
- Exceptional inter-personal and influence skills with strong team leadership skills adept at successfully directing, influencing and integrating internal and external resources within a highly matrix environment
- Financial and budget management savviness
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)