Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
- Red Wing, MN, USA
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
Timely processing of invoice payments to maintain favorable credit rating, take advantage of discounts and build supplier relationships. Responsible for accuracy of payments to vendors and the related financial information posted to the general ledger. Coordinate with others in the procurement process and finance to insure accuracy of information, compliance with internal policies, generally accepted accounting principles and continued process improvement.
- Accurate and timely payment of purchase order related invoices and freight bills by check, wire transfer or letter of credit.
- Ensure Customs compliance of imported goods.
- Coordinate information with internal suppliers to resolve corporate purchase order related procurement match errors to insure accuracy of vendor payments and accurate receiving into inventory.
- Reconcile prepaid inventory with final receiving into finished goods inventory to assure accuracy of inventory and purchasing transactions.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve billing errors, reconcile vendor statements and provide audit confirmations on request.
- Review daily reports (tentative disbursements, invoices held, check registers, procurement match) and monthly reports (received not vouchered, prepaids, rolling 12, vendor purge).
- Support other payables groups as needed.
- Maintain corporate table for accurate dating distribution of payments.
- Oversee year-end procedures and provide necessary information for annual audit.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one year or more related experience / training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accounts payable and purchasing experience.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Experienced Excel user.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of general ledger function.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)