Part-time Security Guard (SB Foot)
- Red Wing, MN, USA
Everyday, our American Boot Builders proudly put their hearts into building and delivering remarkable, purpose-built products that will make an impact on people’s lives today and future generations. Build a product you'll be proud to stand behind. Build your legacy at Red Wing Shoe Company
S.B. Foot Tanning is the main leather supplier for Red Wing Shoe Company and a major supplier of leather to the US Military through our partner network. From WWI to Operation Iraqi Freedom, when a soldier laces up for duty, there is a very good chance he is putting boots made from S.B. Foot leather. S.B Foot Tanning is proud of the innovative testing lab in Red Wing, MN and the tannery has received numerous quality awards in the tanning industry.
We are looking for a Part-time Security Guard to provide audits/surveys for grounds and facilities for the SB Foot Tannery to ensure safety and security of assets. Pay for this position is $12.70 per hour and must be flexible to work any 8 hour shift between 10:00pm Friday through 10pm Sunday. Shifts would be one of the following: 10:00pm - 6:00am, 6:00am-2:00pm or 2:00pm-10:00pm.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform hourly rounds of grounds and facilities for SB Foot Tannery while the buildings are unoccupied for safety, security and maintenance related problems (e.g., fire watch, water leaks, climate control, etc.) and properly engage Company and/or emergency services as needed to address issues.
- Make daily notes in log book.
- Follow proper procedures for contacting Company personnel (e.g., maintenance personnel, Mangers, etc.) and/or police/fire/emergency services as required.
- Extensive walking is required and must be able to climb several flights of stairs.
- Must be available to work additional hours if/when needed to cover business needs.
- Other duties as assigned by manager(s).
Basic reading and writing skills required.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.