Banquet House Person (set up/tear down) - Full Time
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you're happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything's in its place. You pitch in to help with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. And you love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment. If you're ready for a change and want to make a difference, consider an opportunity with the St. James Hotel.
Prepare and disassemble event spaces. Maintain cleanliness throughout entire hotel property to ensure high standard of guest service and satisfaction.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel event spaces.
- Clean, set-up, and disassemble meeting room functions.
- Effectively work with team members to accomplish assigned tasks each day.
- Providing event chairs, tables, linen, audio/visual equipment set-up and support.
- Reporting issues to Supervisor immediately.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, bending, crawling, and climbing a ladder.
- Includes housekeeping duties related to the upkeep of event spaces: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and shampooing floors.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)