- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
If you are friendly, outgoing and have a passion for great food and service the St. James Hotel would like to talk with you about our long term steady Line Cook position.
Assist the Chef and work as a part of well executed, team oriented culinary team. Prepare all foods for daily dinner service (work no later than 10pm most nights) according to seasonal menus while following health and sanitation guidelines at all times. Accurately and efficiently cook hot and cold food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 2 or more years of cooking experience in a restaurant environment
- Basic understanding of reading recipes and cooking techniques
- High School diploma or currently pursuing a GED
- The ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of kitchen operations and be able to prepare dishes from scratch with minimal oversight
- Good organization and communication skills
- ServSafe Certification or recognized equivalent
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
All offers of employment are contingent on results of pre-employment screenings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)