Assisted Living Manager
- 13311 Cassia Way, San Antonio, TX, United States
Red Oak Memory Care provides routine health and personal care services for residents in a caring home environment in a quiet neighborhood setting.
This position will provide and coordinate healthcare services for residents living in a residential group home. Will work under the supervision of a registered nurse.
Job Duties including but not limited to
- Coordinate healthcare services for residents living in a residential group home including: oversight of resident care, staff scheduling and facility compliance.
- Adhere to state and industry licensing regulations including compliance with resident care, medical records, sanitation requirements and safety inspections.
- Promote positive relationships with and between residents, staff members, resident family members, facility vendors and management.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training and scheduling of Caregiver staff members.
- Assist with marketing and promotion activities with prospective family members.
- Provide basic resident care including resident assessment according to scope of practice, administration of medications, measuring vital signs, non-oral medication, minor wound dressing, bathing/hygiene and moving of residents.
- Provide personal care to residents such as cooking (according to dietary restrictions), keeping rooms orderly and seeing that residents are comfortable and in good spirits.
- Make appointments, keep records and perform other administrative duties.
- Monitor the use of services, patient care and staff activities to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
- Prepare activity reports for management to assist with marketing strategies, budget preparation and improvements in services.
- Diploma from accredited nursing program with passed NCLEX-PN exam
- 1-3 years LVN/LPN experience providing basic geriatric care, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail with accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness
- Knowledge of MS Office: Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Insurable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to obtain certification as assisted living manager
- Ability to obtain certification in Alzheimer's Disease
- Ability to obtain certification in Music Therapy
- Frequent lifting of up to 40# at or below shoulder level
- Regular sitting, bending, stooping, reaching and stretching
- Fine motor skill use of fingers, elbows, arms and shoulders