- 224. S 200 W., Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest employees who want to make a difference. People who want to solve the tough challenges and want to make a real impact in the world. We want people who enjoy working hard and having fun at what they're doing - people who get things done, and do them right!
Platform Engineer is a role responsible for providing operational and technical expertise for our RETAIL.net application Systems. You will play an integral role as Platform Engineer for our production retail management software applications. In this role you will install system updates and deal with technical support issues during and after software upgrades. You will be acknowledging system admin alerts and monitoring software alerts that must quickly be dealt with for our managed service customers ensuring our product environments perform at optimum levels.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Linux server related issues relating to the operating system and virtualization
- Configure and deploy hypervisors and virtual machines in a complex networking environment
- Allocate NetApp storage volumes and NFS shares to virtualized systems
- Respond to inbound tickets that are escalated to the Managed Services Operations team
- Daily review and updates to tickets assigned and in the department queue
- Respond to automated monitoring alerts
- Provide ongoing documentation of issue resolution steps and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to change control procedures for all changes to servers & infrastructure
- Deploy physical hardware and wiring in the datacenter
- Coordinate and work with Systems Engineering to team to design, implement, and maintain Linux servers and systems
- Hands on experience with Linux server administration using the command line
- Experience setting up, configuring and administrating server virtualization technologies with a strong preference towards those with Xen experience
- 10+ years experience in a Linux Administration role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- Experience and ability to manage a ticket queue, while also being assigned new tickets on a daily basis
- Ability to clearly communicate detailed technical information, action plans and case details to customers and/or management
- Ability to participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule
- Ability to perform off-hours maintenance as needed
- Experience with Xen, NetApp, CommVault
- Create scripts of various complexity to help automate and simplify daily tasks and data collection
- Previous experience supporting multiple customers in a hosting or managed services type of environment
We’re A Trusted Partner in Retail
Our products deliver exceptional, integrated, flexible and forward looking functionality. Combined with services delivered through our industry leading Retail Center of Excellence, RedIron offers particular expertise in the areas of security, payments, omnichannel and mobile.
Small Teams, Big Impact
With a leadership team that includes great senior engineers and architects, we aim to mentor and encourage you to have a say in the direction of your role with us and contribute to the direction of our products and services.
We offer comprehensive health benefits to all our employees.
We know no one performs well without a break. RedIron offers vacation time, and the opportunity to work from home, and flexible hours for when life happens.
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. We don’t work with them as vendors: we work with them as partners. We regularly amaze our clients by doing what others tell them is impossible.