Technical Analyst/Engineer, Customer Centric Engineering
- 224. S 200 W., Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest employees who want to make a difference. People who want to solve the tough challenges and want to make a real impact in the world. We want people who enjoy working hard and having fun at what they're doing - people who get things done, and do them right!
Seeking experienced Technical Solution engineer to solve escalated issues that come to Customer Centric Engineering (CCE) thru the support and services organizations. The role will have a high level of customer interaction and require solid problem solving skills. Work with Team Lead to prioritize issues to be worked on and mentoring the originator on getting to the solution are the keys to success. Each issue must get closed with “futureproofing” as the end result. Must have a proven track record of building and developing people to enhance their problem solving skills starting with the triage cycle and completing when a solution is developed, scripted, or simply configured. The goal for CCE is to be the “bridge” for outside groups to engage engineering/QA support and to pull in Development engineers only when a problem is clarified and scoped thus getting to the fastest resolution for the customer.
You will be responsible for closing Severity 1 and 2 tickets improving the QA and documentation for issues that are closed out. Workflow with JIRA/Confluence will be essential to ensure that QA creates and maintains new automated tests for items thereby precluding they do not repeat in future release cycles. The SDLC completes when issues get tested for new software releases ensuring we have not duplicated prior issues out to our customer base.
The ideal candidate will have previous analytical/Support and mentoring experience, along with a drive for getting to root cause analysis through process and protocol steps.
Work will involve:
- Be the “bridge” for support and services to get assistance with Engineering/QA for Sev 1/2/3 items that come up
- As part of CCE work down the backlog from oldest/higher priority issues
- Will work with Engineering/DevOps Management to reduce repeating situations by common issue consolidation and better QA tests along with documentation cleanup where appropriate
- Create Product Communique’ to customers for issues that could be impactful while working resolution
- Establish automated unit test and feedback loop best practices as a part of solution workflow cycle
- Instill a high performance culture and efficiencies with Support and Services for problem resolution through better Troubleshooting up front resulting in specific problem definition and scope before engaging a developer.
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation 24 X 7 as needed for Orange and Red tickets.
- Documenting closure steps within all systems.
- Helping with training materials and sessions on a periodic regular basis.
- SQL scripting and reporting 5+years
- Jira / Confluence workflow and reporting experience 3+ years.
- Expert level trainer for troubleshooting skills.
- Customer Service experience in verbal and written communication regarding issue situation and resolution.
- Agile Project Management Methodologies 3+ years
- Solid SDLC understanding and experience 3+ years
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (CS, IT, Business) or double the alternative years in work experience within the required skills will be considered.
We’re A Trusted Partner in Retail
Our products deliver exceptional, integrated, flexible and forward looking functionality. Combined with services delivered through our industry leading Retail Center of Excellence, RedIron offers particular expertise in the areas of security, payments, omnichannel and mobile.
Small Teams, Big Impact
With a leadership team that includes great senior engineers and architects, we aim to mentor and encourage you to have a say in the direction of your role with us and contribute to the direction of our products and services.
We offer comprehensive health benefits to all our employees.
We know no one performs well without a break. RedIron offers vacation time, and the opportunity to work from home, and flexible hours for when life happens.
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. We don’t work with them as vendors: we work with them as partners. We regularly amaze our clients by doing what others tell them is impossible.