Linux System Engineer
- 224. S 200 W., Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest employees who want to make a difference. People who want to solve the tough challenges and want to make a real impact in the world. We want people who enjoy working hard and having fun at what they're doing - people who get things done, and do them right!
Sys. Admin. / DevOps Engineer is a role responsible for providing operational and technical expertise for our AWS hosted customer server environments. You will play an integral role in the Systems Engineer of our production retail management software applications. In this role you will design systems changes and be responsible for ensuring our product environments perform at optimum levels.
- Respond to reported issues, requests & inquiries of a problematic technical or functional nature.. Handle reported issues that may require escalation to vendor support from start to completion.
- Maintain file servers, Backups/restores and Alert systems ensuring solid uptime and fast response to issues and alerts 24 X 7 while strictly adhering to defined retention policies.
- Be on project teams for upgrades to infrastructure changes necessary to support the application stack changes as product moves forward for Retail Customers.
- Perform application of patches to ensure up to date versions for all infrastructure not limited to operating systems.
- Configure and deploy hypervisors and Oracle virtual machines in a complex networking environment
- Allocate NetApp storage volumes and NFS shares to virtualized systems
- Respond to inbound tickets that are escalated to the Managed Services Operations team
- Daily review and updates to tickets assigned and in the department queue
- Respond to automated monitoring alerts from Zabbix and possibly AppD for Dev/QA/Pre-prod and PROD environments for our hosted customers
- Provide ongoing documentation of issue resolution steps and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to change control procedures for all changes to servers & infrastructure on prem for some customers and in AWS for others.
- Deploy physical hardware and wiring in the local data centers and AWS
- Coordinate and work with Systems Engineering team to design, implement, and maintain servers and systems
- Hands on experience with Red Hat and Suse server administration using the command line
- Experience setting up, configuring and administering server virtualization technologies with a strong preference towards those with Oracle Virtual machine experience
- Experience with load balancing and strong core networking understanding with Cisco equipment.
- 10+ years experience in a Linux Administration role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- Experience and ability to manage a ticket queue, while also being assigned new tickets on a daily basis
- Ability to clearly communicate detailed technical information, action plans and case details to customers and/or management
- Ability to participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule
- Ability to perform off-hours maintenance as needed
- Experience with Oracle 12 Weblogic, NetApp, Oracle OVM stack, CommVault, Zabbix ,Netapp (older versions)
- Create Bash and cron scripts of various complexity to help automate and simplify daily tasks and data collection
- Previous experience supporting multiple customers in a hosting or managed services type of environment
We’re A Trusted Partner in Retail
Our products deliver exceptional, integrated, flexible and forward looking functionality. Combined with services delivered through our industry leading Retail Center of Excellence, RedIron offers particular expertise in the areas of security, payments, omnichannel and mobile.
Small Teams, Big Impact
With a leadership team that includes great senior engineers and architects, we aim to mentor and encourage you to have a say in the direction of your role with us and contribute to the direction of our products and services.
We offer comprehensive health benefits to all our employees.
We know no one performs well without a break. RedIron offers vacation time, and the opportunity to work from home, and flexible hours for when life happens.
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. We don’t work with them as vendors: we work with them as partners. We regularly amaze our clients by doing what others tell them is impossible.