Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- 224. S 200 W., Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest employees who want to make a difference. People who want to solve the tough challenges and want to make a real impact in the world. We want people who enjoy working hard and having fun at what they're doing - people who get things done, and do them right!
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to be part of our Platform engineering team. This role focused on Network and infrastructure component expertise will also assist in building, testing and releasing Infrastructure as code for retail infrastructure.
While acting as a subject matter expert on the Networking, Cisco Hardware and Unix Operating Systems based services, you will be self-motivated to work not only on future plans will also assist and backup daily operational needs of our self hosted, local and AWS hosted customers.. Ideal candidate will know how to have stable networks and look for constantly improving the existing solutions and innovate to using the latest technologies in the cloud. Simplifying the system issues and automating the repeat system operations like patching, upgrading and migration is your passion. You will also enjoy helping the operational teams to troubleshoot networks, systems and application issues to help other engineers to succeed. Retail domain experience will be a plus.
- Experience and Strong hands on capabilities with Cisco networking, Load balancers and Firewalls
- Experience and deep knowledge of various AWS networking components like VPC, Security groups and ACLs.
- Experience managing Switches, Routers, and LAN networks((TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Design, develop, release and deploy the Infrastructure services on the Unix flavored platforms from inception to delivery
- Work with DevOps team for gathering the problem statements on the existing networks, systems and services
- Document the existing network architecture and designs and present the solutions and propose changes partnering with Customers and Integration teams.
- Setup physical and virtual environments for developing and testing the Infrastructure services involving client server and micro services architecture and monitoring.
- Create the next generation of tools and infrastructure for build, orchestration, automation and monitoring
- Plan, manage, and socialize all Infrastructure engineering activities with security and performance in mind.
- Understand threat modelling for the enterprise infrastructures and recommend security improvements and liaise with Security Operations
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deployment.
- Coordinate with Development/QA, Professional Services, Operations, and system/application analysts to improve quality of Infrastructure services.
- Subject matter expert for AWS, Linux systems and Oracle Virtual systems.
- At least 7 years of networking and system administration preferably Cisco certified network professional
- Thorough understanding of the Linux operating system (Red Hat/Fedora/SLES)
- Proven experience working on Infrastructure systems, services and programming
- Strong Bash/Shell, Perl, Python, or related programming language with eye for development.
- Experience working on Cloud technologies and Virtual environments preferably AWS
- Ability to think holistically for a given project or problem.
- Creative problem solving and aptitude for systems thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban team environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in Infrastructure automation using Salt Stack or similar technologies like Chef, Puppet etc.
- AWS/XEN/OVS experience in a large environment.
- Experience in the source code development using tools like GIT, Bit Bucket etc.
- Experience in Bug tracking systems like Jira or GUS and Linux build systems like Maven, Make, and RPM-Build.
We’re A Trusted Partner in Retail
Our products deliver exceptional, integrated, flexible and forward looking functionality. Combined with services delivered through our industry leading Retail Center of Excellence, RedIron offers particular expertise in the areas of security, payments, omnichannel and mobile.
Small Teams, Big Impact
With a leadership team that includes great senior engineers and architects, we aim to mentor and encourage you to have a say in the direction of your role with us and contribute to the direction of our products and services.
We offer comprehensive health benefits to all our employees.
We know no one performs well without a break. RedIron offers vacation time, and the opportunity to work from home, and flexible hours for when life happens.
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. We don’t work with them as vendors: we work with them as partners. We regularly amaze our clients by doing what others tell them is impossible.