Database Adminstrator (DBA) Managed Services
- 224. S 200 W., Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest employees who want to make a difference. People who want to solve the tough challenges and want to make a real impact in the world. We want people who enjoy working hard and having fun at what they're doing - people who get things done, and do them right!
This position is responsible for all customer DBA implementations including on prem and AWS instances for Retail.net. Servers can include DEV/QA/Pre-Prod and Production as well as PostGres and Oracle reporting DB instances. Daily work will involve administering multiple database servers, dev. and production data warehouses, troubleshooting integration service package issues, improving data integration, and helping customer reporting teams with optimizing queries and database transaction throughput.
- Respond to reported issues, requests & inquiries of a technical or functional nature. Supporting both platform and application issues from inception to resolution that may require escalation to software vendor support.
- Optimize Oracle Server Databases ranging from 11g thru Oracle 12C r1.
- Work to maintain upgrades on infrastructure using change control methods and testing prior to upgrades.
- Work with team members to build knowledge and provide backup assistance when & where necessary.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance to ensure proper functionality of systems.
- Configure and test backup systems on prem and via AWS for customer environments
- Complete DB upgrades and patch installs
- Setup and maintain Oracle Active Data Guard for larger customer environments along with HSA and TLS
- Review nightly / daily system alerts with Sys Amin team members to identify and implement scripts and methods to ensure alerts do not repeat and system efficiencies are optimized resulting in measurable savings of time, effort and money.
- Understand and follow industry best practices in all work performed.
- Document changes and process along with completing the work.
- 5+ years of DBA experience with Oracle
- Oracle 12C DB & Websphere tuning experience
- Advanced knowledge of PL SQL.
- Reporting infrastructure experience with Oracle and Jaspersoft (JBOSS)
- Zabbix, APPD, and TOAD toolkit experience
- Self-motivated, innovative person with analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas.
- Basic IT skills such as understanding basic networking, load balancer, and firewall installations.
- Understanding of best practices for Oracle Server backups and restores.
- Experience documenting efforts with Visio and other workflow diagramming tools
- Ability to demonstrate history of positive customer communication and relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree (CS, IT, Business) or certifications in Oracle Server or Project Management with years to offset college training.
We’re A Trusted Partner in Retail
Our products deliver exceptional, integrated, flexible and forward looking functionality. Combined with services delivered through our industry leading Retail Center of Excellence, RedIron offers particular expertise in the areas of security, payments, omnichannel and mobile.
Small Teams, Big Impact
With a leadership team that includes great senior engineers and architects, we aim to mentor and encourage you to have a say in the direction of your role with us and contribute to the direction of our products and services.
We offer comprehensive health benefits to all our employees.
We know no one performs well without a break. RedIron offers vacation time, and the opportunity to work from home, and flexible hours for when life happens.
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. We don’t work with them as vendors: we work with them as partners. We regularly amaze our clients by doing what others tell them is impossible.