- 241 Colborne St, London, ON N6B 2S4, Canada
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic engineering experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest employees who want to make a difference. Engineers who want to solve the tough challenges, engineers who want to write the best code and engineers who want to make a real impact in the world. We want people who enjoy working hard and having fun at what they're doing - people who get things done, and do them right!
Software developers work with existing team members to deliver critical projects and modules, many of which requires expertise in a very particular technical domain. They will divide their time between working on core product enhancements and customer specific implementations. RedIron Technologies products are based on the Microsoft Platform, focused primarily on the .NET framework and C#. We also use Java and Linux for select projects. Our engineering team uses Agile methodologies to manage and deliver our solutions.
This position requires candidates to work out of our London Ontario office.
- Work under minimal supervision and take ownership of delivery of assigned projects.
- Ensure the quality of the project delivery (Testing, security, documentation, coding standards etc.)
- Collaborate with QA, PM team and report to team lead, supervisor to ensure success of projects.
- Contribute to the requirement and design of the projects.
- Understand business requirement and implications on each project to support design decisions.
- Produce technical diagrams on system behavior, architecture designs, process flows etc.
- Insure compliance of the project with respect to development methodologies.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- 1-5 years of work experience in software development
- Experience using SOA standards; including SOAP, XML, XSD, XSLT
- One or more of C# (.NET 4.5), Java, C/C++
- Multi-Threaded Programming
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015/2017 on Windows or Eclipse and Linux
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
- Sense of ownership and commitment in accomplishing projects
- Ability to code with quality, consistency and optimized performance
- Ability to see the big picture in projects with business implications
- Produce system and technical requirement documentation
- Discipline in documentation and working with project collaboration tools
- Ability to multitask and set priorities under demanding timelines
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- NUnit testing framework
- Mobile (Android) software development
- Web Service & API (REST)
- Internet Information Services
- SVN repository
- Knowledge of Retail Point-Of-Sale systems and related concepts