Counter Proliferation Analyst – Nuclear SME
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a Counter-Proliferation Analyst (Nuclear SME), you will serve as a nuclear/radiological subject-matter expert and technical authority with a focus on current/near-term events, plans, developments and trends pertaining to the proliferation of WMD and nuclear/radiological events; issues impacting nuclear weapons security; force protection; and force operability and survivability against a broad spectrum of nuclear, biological, chemical and other WMD events. As a nuclear subject matter expert, conducts applied research on specific intelligence issues pertaining to the WMD threats to US and allied nations; provides written input to reports and briefings; assists with answering requests for information (RFI); assists in research and analytical data entries related to WMD; all for dissemination to Agency leadership and its personnel, Combatant Commands, and the Intelligence Community (IC). You will serve on a unique, multi-discipline team assisting DTRA, CCMDs, and IA and IC partners to fuse operations and intelligence information to enhance Whole of Government efforts against Nuclear WMDs, threats, and counter-proliferation efforts, and the threat networks that facilitate or employ those threats. You will adhere to DTRA production standards supporting the Government’s Request for Support (RFS) and Named Area of Interest (NAI) processes. You will assist in the preparation and the conduct of leader engagements with DTRA and commanders globally, to assist in developing processes that enhance situational understanding of Nuclear WMD and improvised threats, and the networks that employ or facilitate them to enable DOD, IA, and IC efforts focused on dismantling, disrupting, and defeating those threats.
As a Counter-Proliferation Analyst with specialized experience in Nuclear Defense you will analyze and produce intelligence products for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) focused on Nuclear WMDs, and counter-proliferation threats using advanced all source analytic capabilities. You will apply expertise in Nuclear WMD, Counter-proliferation, and network analysis (Counter Threat Network), social network analysis, and command and control systems. You will serve as an all-source counter-proliferation intelligence analyst with specialized experience in Nuclear Defense whose primary responsibility will be informing DTRA activities through structured research using multiple sources and analytic tool suites. You will deliver products that increase the client's situational understanding and comprehension of Nuclear WMD and Improvised-Threats, and associated counter-proliferation networks. You will assist in evaluating paths to Nuclear WMDs, including state WMD programs and potential proliferation, and support real-world missions in a dynamic client environment.
The Counter-Proliferation Analyst (Nuclear SME) will respond to strategic operational and tactical collection needs based on raw intelligence and apply knowledge of related collection techniques and possess working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Nuclear WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment. You will assist in enabling DOD, IA, and IC communities of action to dismantle, disrupt, and defeat Nuclear WMD and counter-threat networks. To do this, you will prioritize and categorize requests for support, conduct near- and long-term analyses of device and network-centric problem sets, and fuse multiple intelligence disciplines. You will directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from customers and work closely with the senior analysts to develop high-quality products and work closely with other members of the team to identify valuable information on Nuclear WMD and Counter-proliferation threats, and enemy organizations; identify trends, patterns, and key nodes; and highlight relationships to the targeted enemy network.
- Current Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in in nuclear related field (mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, or chemical engineering)
- More than 3 years of experience providing intelligence analysis for DoD and/or an intelligence agency in an analyst role, including multi-intelligence WMD or counter-proliferation production in the past 7 years.
- More than 2 years of direct experience with DoD and IC All-Source analysis tools, collecting and analyzing information in support of DoD or other government organizations, or direct experience managing analytic production, or the exploitation of multi-intelligence data focused on WMD or counter-proliferation.
- More than 1 year of experience providing Attack the Network (AtN) analysis focused on WMD, CT, or counter-proliferation/improvised threat networks.
- Practical understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
- Practical understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Practical understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Practical understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
- You must also possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Willing to work rotating shifts if needed - that may include nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree and more than three years of experience, or an associate degree and five years of experience, or seven years of relevant work experience.
- Graduate degree in nuclear related field (mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, or chemical engineering)
- Previous experience with CBRN/WMD-related intelligence (i.e. nuclear security, counter-proliferation, nuclear policy, health/medical, arms control, weapons technology, etc.)
- Scientific or technical education or background
- Experience with the DTRA including its planning processes.
- Experience with the terminology used in the collection of data for chemicals, biologics, and WMDs and their proliferation.
- Knowledge of advanced internet-based research, including Boolean logic, advanced research techniques, search engine and database resources, and Internet sources, including social media, social networking tools, and commercial and industry-based databases.
- Experience accessing, researching, and exploiting global and regional digital platforms and PAI data.
- Expert understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Nuclear WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
- Expert understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Expert understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Expert understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Expert understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
- More than ten years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence, WMD, and Counter-proliferation.
- Expert understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights