Security Policy Analyst (Insider Threat) (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of the Navy established the Insider Threat Program in 2018 to prevent, detect, deter, and mitigate the impact of threats to Navy personnel, facilities, information, equipment, networks, and systems posed by individuals entrusted with access to or knowledge of the Navy’s critical assets and key resources. Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare, the Navy Insider Threat Program is focused on acquiring and maintaining information protection technologies and associated support capabilities that enable the Department of the Navy to detect, analyze, and coordinate the mitigation of insider threats.
Red Gate supports the Navy Insider Threat Program by providing both executive- and basic-level services. Executive-level support includes short-term projects, special studies, strategic analyses, and senior leadership briefings. Basic-level support includes analytical, technical, programmatic, and financial management support; research and data collection; policy support; and other ad hoc tasks and assignments. The Information Assurance/Security and Insider Threat Policy Analyst provides subject matter expertise relevant to developing and implementing an Insider Threat Program, including drafting doctrine, policies, procedures, and other guidance documents.
- Develop products within the Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel, Facilities and Policy framework that support the Navy’s Insider Threat mission and other Navy activities (including antiterrorism, force protection, counterintelligence, human resources, law enforcement, security, user activity monitoring, and information assurance).
- Develop, implement, and assess compliance of the Navy’s Insider Threat Program.
- Produce briefings and analysis reports to provide an evaluation of current or planned capabilities or policies and impacts to the Navy Insider Threat Program.
- Evaluate and report on insider threat-related technologies, controls, and procedures, with an emphasis on those reflected within the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community operating environments, for potential standardization and interoperability opportunities and challenges.
- Implement continuous evaluation activities for all naval personnel in support of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of the Navy, and the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
- Implement user activity monitoring for all Navy classified systems in support of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of the Navy, and the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
- Analyze best practices related to Insider Threat programs to develop recommendations for deploying insider threat mitigation capabilities across the Navy information systems architecture.
- Develop effective strategic communications, education plans, and associated products designed for Navy workforce awareness of insider threats and Navy Insider Threat Program activities.
- Develop and update insider threat-related concepts of operation, implementation plans, standard operating procedures, strategy documents, policy documents (including directives and instructions), program briefings, white papers, reports, and staffing packages.
- Attend and participate in government and contractor meetings, providing subject matter expertise in support of insider threat-related briefings, program working group meetings, seminars, symposia, technical exchanges, and workshops.
- Provide administrative support for the coordination, facilitation, and execution of insider threat-related meetings and technical conferences.
- Provide support to develop, implement, and assess compliance of the Navy random polygraph program.
- Provide administrative, information technology, and database support to implement the Navy random polygraph program.
- Develop integrated training products to meet national, department, and service mission training requirements.
- Develop reports to highlight challenges or concerns with current or planned enterprise architecture initiatives and recommend associated mitigation solutions.
- Document recommendations and develop analytic and mission support products.
- Develop briefings, presentations, data drills, processes, metrics, and technical data based on technical knowledge or subject matter expertise.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the government customer to highlight planned and ongoing tasks, as well as any concerns that may negatively impact Navy programs.
- Participate in monthly meetings with the government customer to ensure mission assurance and to review personnel assigned to the program, the status of activities that could potentially affect delivery (i.e., upcoming leave, training, or departures), replacement personnel and overlap, and the status of deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated practical experience performing the duties and responsibilities described above (experience may substitute for education)
- At least 5 years of experience maintaining and monitoring information technology networks and systems
- Administrative skills in database management and data tool development, insider threat to cybersecurity policy development, systems engineering and analysis, insider threat to cybersecurity systems project management, and Insider Threat operations
- Certification demonstrating completion of an Insider Threat course
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Security+ certification
- Information Assurance Technical or Information Assurance Management Level III certification
- Program Management Professional certification
- Acquisition Professional certifications
- Experience supporting the Department of the Navy or Insider Threat programs
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights