- Clearance: Top Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a Systems Engineer in this new and exciting program which provides R&D services for complex systems of systems architectures operating across multiple operational theatres, you will be responsible for a wide range of critical tasks related to the management of the DoD Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) for systems design & implementation. Your primary duties include:
- Provide systems engineering services and subject matter expertise to validate technical and operational solution(s)
- Create test procedures, test cases, test threads, and scenarios to capture measures of effectiveness and performance
- Coordinate engineering reviews for system configurations and operational documentation
- Provide systems engineering inputs to acquisition documentation including SOWs, specifications and government MS C documents
- Create workflows, test threads and test cases for test events, provide oversight for the execution of test events, and provide feedback to vendor for their test cases, test scenarios, and test threads to ensure comprehensive testing to validate vendor solutions.
- Provide reports of vendor software identified defects, assist with prioritization of vendor issues, and conduct configuration control boards and engineering reviews
- Support the development of and assessment of RFIs, RFPs, etc., as defined by Government stakeholders
- Provide requirements management and system architecture expertise to ensure traceability of requirements and adequate system architecture documentation, provide Risk management to ensure system risks are captured, documented, tracked and mitigated
- Provide tracking, management and purchasing support for hardware and software items, assist with development of training support documentation
And the best part? This role offers a hybrid work arrangement, with 2-3 days in the office per week, allowing you to enjoy the perfect blend of collaboration and flexibility. If you're ready to be at the forefront of innovation and make a significant impact, we invite you to join our team as a Systems Engineer.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance and ability to obtain SCI eligibility
- Thorough understanding of the DOD Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) and experience with implementing MOSA to achieve team collaboration efforts that incorporate subject matter experts.
- Experience with developing and/or scripting automation of system processes
- Experience developing solutions for implementations to support complicated data centric problem sets
- Understanding of systems security requirements for secure operations to meet DoD security requirements
- 4+ years of experience as a system engineer and a MS degree. 6 years of work experience may be substituted for the master’s degree, 8 if a bachelor’s degree has been obtained.
- Understanding of or experience supporting projects with the following technologies and programming languages: Linux/Windows, SSH, ICAM (Keycloak, ActiveDirectory, LDAP), Docker & Kubernetes , Python, C#, C+, C++
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights