Senior Systems Engineer
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Red Gate Group is on the lookout for dynamic and customer-focused Senior Systems Engineers to join our team supporting the Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) C5ISR Center. This new and exciting program provides R&D services for complex system of systems architectures operating across multiple operational theatres. In this role you will provide expert systems engineering services, validating technical and operational solutions. Your responsibilities include:
- Provide systems engineering services and subject matter expertise to validate technical and operational solution(s).
- Develop requirements, product performance, schedule, and technical artifacts that support Edge Node pilots (e.g., Palantir, ESRI, ICI, etc.) and evaluation of Edge Node platforms (e.g., Laptop Server, Snowblade, Cloud). The Edge Node support will provide analysis (e.g. cost-benefit, risks, and performance) and manages the cost layout across all pilots, as well as maintain collaborative Working Groups and Technical Exchange Meetings.
- Provide Senior Systems Engineering personnel to support the Technical Integration and Evaluation of a Service Based Architecture and Software Delivery.
- Provide documentation that demonstrates the transition of prototyping activities to stakeholder Product Areas. Provide documentation including Service Performance Metrics, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), and project artifacts. (e.g., Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Requirements, DoDAF Artifacts).
- Assist in the execution of Test and risk reduction test activities ahead of major procurements of production software including creation of test procedures, test cases, test threads, and scenarios to capture measures of effectiveness and performance.
- Coordinate engineering reviews for system configurations and operational documentation
- Provide Senior Systems Engineering personnel to support early strategic analysis of Product Data Models and Ontologies, as well as early prototype and architecture development.
- Support the development of and assessment of RFIs, RFPs, etc., as defined by Government stakeholders
And the best part? This role offers a hybrid work arrangement, with 2-3 days in the office per week, allowing you to enjoy the perfect blend of collaboration and flexibility. If you're ready to be at the forefront of innovation and make a significant impact, we invite you to join our team as a Senior Systems Engineer.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with Top Secret eligibility
- 10+ years or experience in a senior systems engineer role working to assess solutions, develop systems, and support all phases of the systems development and deployment process
- Experience with developing and/or scripting automation of system processes and implementation
- Has developed solutions for implementations to support complicated data centric problem sets
- In depth understanding of IT governance policies and methodologies, and the DoDAF.
- Understanding of systems security requirements for secure operations to meet DoD security requirements.
- A track record of strong customer-facing skills including senior verbal and written communication skills, as well as attention to detail
- Work is performed on site at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds
- 10+ years of experience as a system engineer and a MS degree. 12 years of work experience may be substituted for the master’s degree, 8 if a bachelor’s degree has been obtained
- Strong software Test background and familiarity with software development teams process and operations
- Experience as a DevSecOps Product Owner/SCRUMMaster and/or Systems of Systems Test Support
- Cloud background with Amazon basic services offerings and tradeoffs of using vs not using for cloud solutions
- Experience with development, implementation, and maintenance of Cross-Domain solutions
- Hardware experience for oversight of the product to include Radio including 3G and MUOS
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights