Data Scientist (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Red Gate Group is seeking a Data Scientist to support The Future Experience (TEF) office within the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) in Springfield, VA. In this role you will conduct the following:
• Apply extensive knowledge to integrate, develop, and maintain analytic models, visualizations, and tools to evaluate, analyze and communicate internal/external user behavior and overarching enterprise or portfolio performance.
• Provide statistical and mathematical support in assisting in the analysis and interpretation of a wide range of data to help understand and improve the customer's experience.
• Leverage a range of data sources (e.g., Web traffic, customer requests for information, survey responses, production databases, etc.) for an understanding of what drives a positive customer experience.
• Provide insights that will be used to inform decisions and agency operational strategies, in partnership with teams examining website design, customer interactions, featured content, and future products and services.
• Applies business analytics and customer segmentation techniques in any corporate function, e.g. marketing analytics, consumer analytics, operations analysis, human capital analytics, or other relevant fields.
• Maintain, move, and manipulate data between applications, using appropriate software/code: Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, R, Python, Kibana and others as technology evolves.
• Establish an agile analytics process that provides better insight into ongoing analytic/data visualization activities.
• Manage an inventory of implemented dashboards, other analytic products and current product backlog for implementation.
- Active TS/SCI
- Demonstrated experience developing data analytics models and visualizations employing proven industry standards in statistic/data science principals, practices, and techniques in the analyses of business data.
- Demonstrated experience developing dashboards to effectively convey site metrics to non- technical audiences, to include but not limited to: communicating warnings and limitations of both coding techniques and statistical analyses depicting current state and providing insight to improvement plan implementation strategies and milestone achievement.
- Demonstrated experience working with commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) statistical software or tools for data visualization (i.e., SPSS, SAS, MatLab, Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience data mining, to include developing, manipulating, or maintaining databases.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing computer programs, software, or a variety of coding languages (i.e., Python, MySQL, D3, SPSS, SAS, Visual Basic, R, etc.) to summarize statistical data and create documents, reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify methods and approaches to expand and enhance the analytic capacity and ability of an existing portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with various partners, stakeholders, or customers on the value of statistical and data science methods to include strength of models/formulas, their limitations, warnings and weaknesses in various applications.
- Demonstrated experience embracing and participating in a culture of knowledge sharing to broaden the understanding of: advance methods or niche statistical methods and data science analytical methods and coding techniques to include fundamental understanding of model/formula strength, limitations, warnings and weaknesses when applied to various concepts.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law