Graphic Designer (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Red Gate Group is seeking a Graphic Designer to support The Future Experience (TEF) office within the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this role you will conduct the following:
• Conduct design evaluations for NGA’s web enterprises to enable the build out of respective web designs to enhance the user experience.
• Work with user-interface and user-eXperience (UI)/UX) Research and Development teams to evaluate ideas and concepts, assist with making critical decisions affecting the user experience, and incorporate varying stages of the design to the UX process.
• Create and implement Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), HTML5 markup language, and other markup languages as needed to support design implementation.
• Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
• Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
• Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
• Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
• Create internal design products to facilitate digital transformation.
• Create products and services that adhere to design and brand guidelines.
• Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
• Demonstrate visual expertise including gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive and visually engaging designs.
• Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance the website in both scope of content and technical features.
• Active TS/SCI
• Demonstrated experience utilizing a web design software (e.g., Adobe Master Collection CS6/Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision Studio)
• Demonstrated experience designing products for front-end development and web applications (e.g. wireframes, low and high-fidelity mock-ups, or click through prototypes).
• Demonstrated experience applying best practices for improving web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation with usability tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, Adobe XD).
• Demonstrated experience creating, editing, organizing, and storing digital file formats (e.g. tiff, gif, png, pdf, jpg, svg, html, css).
- Demonstrated experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Demonstrated experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Demonstrated experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of typography and design principles.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law