Network Engineer (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a network engineer on our team, you’ll use your experience in network design and architecture, system interoperability, OSI model, network transport layers, multi-protocol label switching, gateway protocol, virtual routing and forwarding to support the nation’s defense and respond to evolving adversaries.
You’ll develop enterprise-wide infrastructure design, troubleshoot, and resolve complex network issues, analyze current working infrastructures, and increase security, reliability, and availability for mission-critical network systems.
You’ll apply your expertise in routing and switching, network design and architecture, system interoperability, IP engineering, network transport layers, multi-protocol label switching, gateway protocol, virtual routing, and forwarding as you guide our team of problem-solvers to help the DoD evolve and deploy new capabilities and technologies.
Your knowledge of enterprise level network protocols, equipment, emerging technology, and configurations will come in handy as you optimize client operations and modernization.
Using your experience in software and hardware firewalls, Cisco hardware, Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper hardware, optical infrastructure networking, and virtual routing and forwarding, you’ll serve as a trusted advisor to clients on mission-critical projects. Using your technical curiosity and knowledge of industry standards, you’ll make an impact on national security missions.
- 6+ years of experience with network engineering and the design of IT systems or networks for large commercial enterprises or government agencies
- Experience with routing protocols and topologies, including BGP, MPLS, NTP OSPF, RADIUS, SNMP, VRF, or VPN technologies, such as IPsec, GRE, DMVPN, or VRRP
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining network infrastructure in multi-region and environments.
- IAT-II certifications
- Experience with Cisco DNA Center & Cisco ISE
- Experience with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Experience with designing and implementing Cloud-native and over the top networking in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with Network security design, including Device Hardening, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems, SIEM, Firewalls, and Internet Protocol Security, vulnerability assessment, and intrusion detection
- Experience with Juniper or Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers and Type 1 encryption devices
- Knowledge of DoD IT and Cloud security policies, including STIGs and DoD Cloud SRG, and applying them to the design and implementation of Cloud solutions
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, prior publications, and speaking engagements in industry or vendor forums
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- Bachelor's degree
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights