Technical Expert (Lifecycle Acquisition) (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The International Solutions Chief Architect provides NGA/TIP with support services that span the breadth of the total lifecycle acquisition management process. It supports all aspects of Acquisition Management and Acquisition Planning. Supports major milestone reviews as a key technical advisor, and provides advice on technical sufficiency, accuracy and completeness/compliance of acquisition studies plans and documents. Provides technical leadership for security and information assurance and is a central participant in U.S. and international community security fora. The Chief Architect provides assistance to the International Solutions Program and NGA Configuration Management and Data Management activities and assists the International Solutions Office with the preparation and evaluation of Requests for Change, Task Orders, and Change Proposals. The International Solutions Chief Architect coordinates with internal NGA, other Intelligence Community and Department of Defense organizations and industry to identify technology insertion candidates and advises program leaders and managers on the implementation of technology insertion. Supports the identification and validation of government requirements through analysis and assists project managers with developing a defendable justification of customer needs coordinated across NGA and stakeholder organizations. The International Solutions Chief Architect leads the risk assessment and mitigation planning for international programs and provides technical support to the International Solutions Engineering Review Board.
- Assess current contracts, and community and industry trends to identify opportunities for implementing acquisition reform principles.
- Aid in the development of new or follow-on contracts. Responsible for market research, cost estimates and development of statements of work and objectives.
- Provides technical expertise in the preparation and implementation of International Program Requests for Change (RFCs), including supporting coordination across all stakeholders, integration of document changes, coordination of contracts activities, and verification/validation of all planned changes.
- Perform technical assessment of external RFCs, including participation in concept development, supporting red-line sessions and providing inputs to engineering review and configuration management boards.
- Provide subject matter expertise for GEOINT data formats and metadata, especially with respect to classification and the ability to release.
- Apply NGA and IC enterprise data and technical standards to the International Program, ensuring the technical basis is consistent with NGA and community architectural concepts and acquisition objectives.
- As an advisor, support major milestone reviews, including assessing artifacts, delivering feedback to presenters, and providing recommendations to the program or project manager.
- Advise program or project managers on the implementation of Cross Domain Solutions within the requirements of Directive of Central Intelligence Directive ( DCID 6/3 ) and ICD 503/ Committee on National Security Systems Instructions (CNSSI 1253 ) , and DNI directed assessment and authorization (A&A) processes. Review DoD and IC information assurance policies and procedures. Coordinate with the internal NGA CISO and IC CIO, as well as external DoD and IC information assurance organizations to develop security concepts of operation, assess security risks, and allocate security controls. Identify Information Assurance security issues associated the development, deployment, and ongoing operations of fielded systems.
- Assist project managers with preparation and coordination of delivery orders, task orders, requirements documents and performance statements, as applicable.
- Support US Defense or Intelligence community architectural working groups.
- Advise program leaders and managers regarding potential technology insertion to improve performance, effectiveness, and efficiency of NGA programs and best practices as applied across acquisition programs and projects.
- Participate in the administration, recommendation, and review of test and evaluation entrance and exit criteria for architecture and program level control gates. Review and evaluate the completeness of test plans and other test related documentation and provide feedback to Government and the development contractors.
- Apply Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques to support the assessment of program, project and contractor cost performance.
- Perform investment trade-off analysis and develop and implement objective measures for portfolio performance management.
- Support evaluation of program and project performance, risks and issues across the organization and make comprehensive recommendations to the Government.
- Review needs analysis to recommend current and future program and project requirements.
- Provide processes, procedures, and documentation necessary to identify, assess, monitor, and control risks and issues.
- Assist the government with independent verification and validation.
- Provide expertise in technology trends and maturation efforts relative to GEOINT systems, capabilities, and requirements and evaluate these technologies for NSG and ASG implementation.
- Brief seniors and staff members to affect decisions.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related scientific or technical discipline with relevant systems architecting experience in an Intelligence Community setting.
- Experience demonstrating leadership skills as a functional manager, team lead or supervisor.
- Understanding of image science (sensor characteristics/limitations, phenomenology, exploitation capabilities) and GEOINT data standards.
- Experience working with programs fielding systems to international partners.
- Knowledge of DCID 6/3 and ICD 503/CNSSI 1253 requirements and their application to secure information systems.
- Recognized as a professional leader in their field of expertise, someone sought out for their knowledge, experience, problem solving skills and advice.
- An active ISSA clearance.
- Adaptable/flexible to changing requirements.
- Possess excellent communication skills, excellent organizational skills, excellent writing skills, customer focused, strong interpersonal skills, and detail oriented.
- Experience supporting NSG or IMINT programs as a development or integration contractor.
- Experience advising a US Defense and/or Intelligence agency in total lifecycle acquisition management.
- Experience as a technical lead in a US Defense or Intelligence Community architectural working group.
- Certified as an Engineering Professional through a recognized professional or educational organization.
Certified as a Program/Project Management Professional through a recognized professional (Project Management Institute (PMI ) or educational organization.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights