Planning Officer (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The mission of the Central Command Communication Integration Directorate (CCCI) is to serve as the principal advisor to the Commander on all internal and external communication strategies and to support the command's mission objectives. CCCI supports the command's obligation to keep the American people and regional audiences informed about CENTCOM operations that lead to defeating our adversaries, improving regional stability, and promoting and protecting U.S. interest in the CENTCOM area of responsibility (AOR).
Planners will be responsible for maintaining situational awareness of CENTCOM's current and future planning and exercise priorities. In addition to developing and coordinating written Public Affairs Guidance (PAG), talking points (TPs), or other appropriate communication products on issues and operations, planners will be responsible for developing Public Affairs and communications strategies, followed up with documentation to support CENTCOM operational plans, such as Annexes, FRAGOs, and EXORDs. Planners will establish and maintain functional relationships with the command’s directorates with respect to CENTCOM engagements and exercises in the AOR, including the development of supporting public affairs plans or products and coordinating those plans or products with both higher PA authorities and subordinate PA commands. Planners will be expected to participate in CENTCOM's Boards, Bureaus, Centers, Cells, and Working Groups (B2C2WG) organizational construct as necessary, as well as support emergent 24/7 shift surge requirements when necessary, in case of crisis or other unforeseen daily events or as directed by CCCI director.
Duties may include:
- Develop and coordinate plans for, and participate in, CONUS and OCONUS exercises in support of CENTCOM’s exercise program.
- Planners will be responsible for developing Public Affairs and communication strategies.
- Planners will be responsible for the development and synchronization of all products related to the planning and conduct of exercises pertaining to their respective assigned AORs.
- Planners will coordinate with other information related capabilities internal to U.S. Central Command and external at subordinate and higher headquarters as well as across the interagency.
- Planners must be prepared to review/manage other requests such as FOIAs, DOPSRs and TMTs.
- Extensive knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, and leadership techniques.
- Ability to develop broad, organization-wide communication strategies that support identified communication goals, needs, and objectives.
- Knowledge of global outreach dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Knowledge of developing ways to assess programs and activities across the project and organization and designated target audiences.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with established internal and external sources of news and information for employees.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of the U.S. military structure, culture, and language.
- Excellent communication, briefing, public affairs, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a team.
Previous public affairs experience
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights