Senior Instructor Special Operations / EOD (Training and Standards Division) (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Senior Instructor Special Operations/EOD personnel are either former Special Operations Forces or EOD operators who shall serve as SME(s) on the TTPs, SOPs, and POIs and communicate and train both military and civilian personnel on these plans and procedures. The Senior Instructor Special Operations/EOD shall serve as the SME on search equipment, communications systems, surveillance equipment, and other mission-essential gear. They shall operate specialized equipment on land, sea, and air during contingency operations, training, and/or exercises. The Senior Instructor Special Operations/EOD provides training to military and/or civilian personnel on the setup and operation of search gear and communications equipment and directly supports WMD search operations.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all TTPs, SOPs, and POIs and be able to communicate these plans and procedures to the Team within 90 days of start date.
- Become a SME on all search gear and communications equipment and provide training to military and/or civilian personnel on the setup and operation of this search gear and communications equipment.
- Develop and update TTPs, SOPs, and POIs for all mission sets.
- Establish lesson plans, training scenarios, and exercises for military and/or civilian personnel.
- Provide tactical and technical guidance to personnel.
- Ensure the Junior Instructor Special Operations and C/B Instructor Technician on his/her team are trained and deployment ready.
- Ensure established regulations, policies, and standards required to perform mission are met and enforced.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs, TTPs, and POIs.
- Accountable for assigned Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
- Support the team during tactical and operational planning.
- Support military and/or civilian personnel during WMD search operations, up to and including tactical actions during the conduct of real-world operations.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years minimum
- Possess a current U.S. passport with an updated international vaccination record and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and effectively lead teams in all operational and physical environments.
- Former SOF Operator/Navy EOD: former SMU Operator who is graduate of the respective unit's Operator Training Course; Army Special Forces (18 series); Navy EOD technician; Navy SEAL having completed SEAL training and served on a SEAL Team; Marine Special Operations Forces/Force Recon.
- No less than 2 years’ experience as an instructor at a training command or in an operational unit’s training department.
- Physically capable of working extended periods in self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Army Senior Leader Course or service school equivalent.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to accept worldwide deployments which include elements presenting risks to personal safety.
- Proficient in computer utilization, graphics creation, editing, and word processing.
- Able to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, and take on-call duty.
- Capable of flying in utility helicopters for extended periods of time and available for expeditious foreign travel for extended periods of time.
- Physically and mentally qualified for deployment and performance of duties, to include tactical operations in austere, hostile environments.
- Complete an Army Combat Fitness Test and score a minimum of 60% for everyone’s specific age group.
- Able to complete and maintain the Government-provided Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) training, to include use and wear of assigned NBC protective equipment.
- Experience with Theater Response Forces or Special Mission Units
- Advanced (tactical/defensive) driver training
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights