Junior Instructor Special Operations (AFRICOM) (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Junior Instructor Special Operations personnel shall serve as SMEs on the TTPs, SOPs, and POIs of the and train both military and civilian personnel on these plans and procedures. The Junior Instructor Special Operations personnel shall serve as an expert in the use of the search equipment, communications systems, surveillance equipment, and other mission-essential gear. The individual is required to operate specialized equipment on land, sea, and air either during contingency operations, training and/or exercises. The Junior Instructor Special Operations personnel provide training to military and/or civilian personnel on the setup and operation of search gear and communications equipment and directly support search operations. The individual must be able to conduct split team operations, separate and distinct from the Senior Instructor.
- Become an SME on all TTP, SOPs, and POIs and be able to communicate these plans and procedures to the Team within 90 days of start date.
- Become an SME on all search gear and communications equipment and provide training to military and/or civilian personnel on the setup and operation of search gear and communications equipment.
- Update TTPs, SOPs, and POIs as required.
- Maintain proficiency on all mission-essential equipment.
- Serve as a SME on all search equipment.
- Train designated personnel on search equipment and operations.
- Support military and/or civilian personnel during WMD search operations, up to and including tactical actions during the conduct of real-world operations.
- Be able to travel on very short notice and to work non-standard hours.
- Active TS/SCI
- Possess a current U.S. passport with an updated international vaccination record and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to accept worldwide deployments which include elements presenting risks to personal safety.
- Able to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, and take on-call duty.
- Capable of flying in utility helicopters for extended periods of time and available for expeditious foreign travel for extended periods of time.
- Former SOF Operator/Navy EOD: former SMU Operator who is a graduate of the respective unit's Operator Training Course; Army Special Forces (18 series); Navy EOD technician; Navy SEAL having completed SEAL training and served on a SEAL Team; Marine Special Operations Forces/Force Recon.
- Military instructor experience. No Less than 2 years of experience as an instructor at a training command or in an operational unit’s training department.
- Have a fundamental familiarity and understanding of small boat operations to include Small Boat, coxswain qualified, or civilian equivalent.
- Have a fundamental familiarity and understanding of CBRN PPE.
- Physically capable of working extended periods in SCBA.
- Proficient in computer utilization, graphics creation, editing, and word processing.
- Obtain immunizations for worldwide travel and unique mission requirements.
- Willing and physically capable of performing various infiltration and exfiltration techniques as well as other urban and rural movement techniques in specialized equipment.
- Physically and mentally qualified for deployment and performance of duties, including tactical operations in austere, hostile environments.
- Complete an Army Combat Fitness Test and score a minimum of 60% for everyone’s specific age group.
- Ability to meet medical requirements to wear a protective mask.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of assigned small arms (pistol/rifle) weapons for purposes of force protection and shall be able to qualify with the M17 pistol and M4 rifle.
- Able to complete and maintain the Government-provided Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) training, including the use and wear of assigned NBC protective equipment.
- Army Senior Leader Course or service equivalent.
- Possess advanced skills in surveillance/counter surveillance techniques, and advanced (tactical/defensive) driver training.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights