Chemical Biological Instructor/Technician (EUCOM) (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a chemical and biological instructor, you will be an esteemed specialist proficient in utilizing various equipment, such as chemical and biological instructor search equipment, analytical tools, communications systems, chemical and biological instructor surveillance devices, and other essential gear vital to mission success. Your responsibilities will encompass operating specialized equipment across diverse environments, including land, sea, and air, during contingency operations, training exercises, and other relevant activities. As a chemical and biological instructor technician, your primary duty will involve training military and/or civilian personnel in the setup and operation of chemical and biological technician search gear and communications equipment, while also providing direct support to search operations.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide training on all Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs); Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); and Programs of Instruction (POIs)
- Update TTPs, SOPs, and POIs as required.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and maintain proficiency in all equipment, communications systems, and other mission-essential gear.
- Operate specialized gear and equipment in any environment during operations, training, and exercises
- Provide training on the setup and operation of all required equipment
- Support military and/or civilian personnel during operations
- Travel on short notice, work nonstandard hours, and take on-call duty.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years minimum
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Advanced Non-Commissioned Officer Course or service equivalent.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer utilization, graphics creation, editing, and word processing.
- Possess a current U.S. passport with an updated international vaccination record and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- No less than 2 years’ experience as an instructor at a training command or in an operational unit’s training department, including development and delivery of training curriculum.
- Willing and able to accept worldwide deployments which include elements presenting risks to personal safety.
- Fundamental understanding of small boat operations to include small boat, coxswain qualified, or civilian equivalent.
- Experienced with practical application of CBRN-related skills, including operating in contaminated environment and employment of CBRN PPE.
- Physically capable of working extended periods in SCBA and fully encapsulating Personal Protective Equipment for up to eight (8) hours or more per day.
- Experience as a hazardous materials (HAZMAT) Technician.
- Knowledge of Gas-Chromatograph Mass Spectroscopy, Photoionization detectors, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry, RAMAN Spectrometry, Polymerase Chain Reaction, and sample collection and management.
- Capable of flying in utility helicopters for extended periods of time and available for expeditious foreign travel for extended periods of time.
- Physically and mentally qualified for deployment and performing duties, including tactical operations in austere, hostile environments.
- Annually, personnel must complete an Army Combat Fitness Test and score a minimum of 60% for everyone’s specific age group.
- Able to complete and maintain the Government-provided Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) training, to include use and wear of assigned NBC protective equipment.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights