- Clearance: N/A
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
This position will help lead the accounting department and ensure the on-schedule creation of organizational financial records. The team is responsible for closing Red Gate’s books, and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting our monthly and quarterly results, including reconciling balance sheet accounts and account analysis.
- Performing and maintaining accounting functions, including processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and maintaining the general ledger.
- Process weekly check runs and expense reports.
- Review and reconcile invoice and account discrepancies.
- Perform banking activities such as positive pay/ACH submission, and reconcile credit card transactions.
- Process semi-monthly payroll, reconcile payroll reports to check registers, and reconcile reports to the vendor-prepared payroll tax and information returns to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for processing timesheets and labor postings.
- Handle accounting transactions such as payments, deposits, and withdrawals from checking accounts and other sources.
- Review Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) aging reports and resolve outstanding payments.
- Generate accurate billings in a timely manner.
- Maintain depreciation schedules.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Support special projects, ad hoc requests and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or similar field AND;
- 2 or more years of experience.
- Proficient with Deltek Costpoint software
- Strong Excel skills
- General accounting knowledge and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, suppliers and senior management.
- Government contractor experience
- 1 year of AR experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with an academic background in either finance, accounting or business management
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights