Solutions Architect (Top Secret)
- Clearance: Top Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Must be local to the Washington DC metro area for meetings.
- Helping a customer determine his/her platform and/or application strategy for moving to a more real-time, event-based business. Such engagements often involve remote preparation; presenting an onsite or remote workshop for the customer’s architects, developers, and operations teams; investigating (with Engineering and other coworkers) solutions to difficult challenges; and writing a recommendations summary doc.
- Providing feedback to the Confluent Product and Engineering groups
- Building tooling for another team or the wider company to help us push our technical boundaries and improve our ability to deliver consistently with high quality
- Testing performance and functionality of new components developed by Engineering
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles, including reference architecture materials and design patterns based on customer experiences
- Honing your skills, building applications, or trying out new product features
- Participating in community and industry event
- Must be local to the Washington DC metro area for meetings.
- Top Secret Clearance Required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field AND;
- 5 or more years of experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions, using Apache Kafka
- 5 or more years of experience with Java
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot both RedHat and Debian-based distributions)
- 5 or more years of experience using cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) for running high-throughput systems
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Cloud networking and infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud Security (PrivateLink)
- DevOps Experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple B2B infrastructure software development projects, including driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems, and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Confluent Certified Developer or Confluent Certified Administrator (https://www.confluent.io/certification/)
- Certifications in Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Oracle CDC connectors
- Experience helping customers build Apache Kafka solutions alongside Hadoop technologies, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Experience with Scala, Python, or Go
- Experience working with a commercial team and demonstrated business acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience managing projects, using any known methodology to scope, manage, and deliver on plan no matter the complexity
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights