Confluent Kafka Software Developer (Top Secret Clearance)
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Red Gate Group is seeking a mid-level Confluent-Kafka Software Developer to implement enterprise-level solutions for our Federal Government and DoD customers. As a critical member of a Confluent Kafka solution team, candidate will engage with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement the best integration solution to meet business, functional and data requirements.
- Working with Solution Architect, candidate will participate in the software solution design.
- Through remote and/or on-site means, candidate will be responsible for the development, installation, and configuration of site-specific software solution.
- Design and develop scalable, high-performance Kafka-based systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Build data pipelines for real-time data streaming and processing.
- Develop, test, and deploy Kafka producers, consumers, and stream processing applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Kafka-based systems to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Optimize Kafka configurations for performance and scalability.
- Write and maintain technical documentation and specifications.
DC METRO AREA
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education
- 6 or more years of experience
- 3 or more years experience as a Confluent or Apache Kafka developer
- 3 or more years experience using Confluent APIs, Kafka connectors, and Kafka streams
- 3 or more years experience with enterprise level architecture design and development
- Experience with multiple scripting/programming languages (Python, SQL, Java etc.)
- Good Debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Active DoD Secret clearance. Ability to obtain up to Top Secret clearance
- CompTia Sec+ Certification (or another DoD 8570 IAT Level II)
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with container technologies
- Good written and oral communication skills
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Your Know Rights