SharePoint Farm Systems Administrator
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
We’re looking for a systems administrator who specializes in SharePoint Farm Administration to help us maintain optimal SharePoint environments on multiple enclaves, by performing routine maintenance, user profile updates, server configurations, troubleshooting, and collaborating across teams toward incident resolutions during outages.
As a systems administrator on our project, you’ll ensure all infrastructure is functional and available, constantly look for ways to make the infrastructure better using the latest technology and the best implementation strategies, update and patch critical systems, and perform STIG updates. You’ll help customers overcome tough challenges through monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. Your experience and communication skills will come in handy as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning. This is an opportunity to gain experience in an innovative and mission-driven environment. We focus on growing as a team, so we’ll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we support our Mission customers.
- Must have Security+ CE DoD 8570 Level II certification or higher
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with SharePoint 2016 and 2019 architecture, Farm Administration and Central Administration
- Experience with troubleshooting SharePoint issues in a collaborative setting to resolve challenging technical problems, including Kerberos connections to SharePoint.
- Experience in resolving SharePoint SQL Server or Database issues with the Database Engineers
- Experience with reviewing logs to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts to perform functions, generate statistics, move data, or automate tasks.
- Ability to administrate and maintain Windows servers, IIS and SharePoint
- IAT Level II certification, or IAT Level III certification is required
- Experience with migrating SharePoint from on Prem to hybrid or Cloud versions
- Ability to update STIG checklists and apply patches to the systems to maintain or improve security posture.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on assignments.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights