Cyber Risk Analyst (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Job Description Summary:
Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them seem overwhelming to the DoD and the IC. In all of this “cyber noise,” how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you. Build your knowledge as an information security risk specialist who knows how to break down complex threats into manageable plans of action.
As a Cyber-Risk Analyst on our team, you’ll use your experience to work with DoD programs to discover their cyber risks, understand policies, and develop a mitigation plan. You’ll get technical, environmental, and personnel details from engineers and SMEs to assess the entire threat landscape. Then, you’ll help your team guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, white papers, and milestones. You’ll work on translating security concepts for your client so they can make the best decisions to secure their mission critical networks and systems. This is your opportunity to act as an information security subject matter expert while broadening your skills in cybersecurity, security and network tools, systems engineering, and data science.
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional IT environment
- 3+ years of experience with cybersecurity
- 3+ years of experience with Assessment and Authorization (A&A) in support of DoD and IC programs, including package development, artifact generation, and authority to operate (ATO)
- Experience with security hardening of Windows and Linux operating systems and security tools, such as ACAS, SCAP, STIG/SRGs, SCC, eMASS/Xacta, ESS, Prisma Cloud, Kubernetes, Rancher, and Docker
- Experience generating and maintaining System Security Plans (SSP), Implementation Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Security Assessment Plans (SAP), Risk Assessments, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and other A&A documentation
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the A&A activities needed to obtain and maintain an ATO, including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI), including NIST SP 800-60, NIST SP 800-53, and CNSSI 1253
- IAT Level II Certification, including a Security+ Certification
- Experience with DoD or IC cybersecurity projects or programs
- Experience with DevSecOps, Path-to-Production, and CI/CD
- Experience with Cloud Authorization and Cloud Migration
- Experience with administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Windows Server 2012 or higher
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise to system engineering documents, including technical requirements documents, interface control documents, and system specifications
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex technical challenges to both technical and non-technical clients and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and integrate between multiple customer stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights