Travel Team Lead (Secret Clearance)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of Defense’s (DoD) CTR Program is a threat based, counter-weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) program, and the Department works cooperatively with allies and partners to reduce or eliminate WMD threats. The DoD’s CTR Program is guided by the 2017 National Security Strategy, 2018 National Defense Strategy, and the DoD Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Strategy. Its primary purpose is to reduce and eliminate WMD threats. The cooperative nature of the DoD’s CTR activities yields a secondary benefit of strengthening regional alliances, deepening existing partnerships, and attracting new partners. Consequently, the DoD, through the CTR Program, has helped create a network of likeminded allies and partners with increased threat reduction capabilities that contribute and advance the interests and security of the United States of America.
The CTR Program directly supports United States (U.S.) national security objectives and initiatives by:
a. the safe and secure transportation and storage of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons- usable or high-threat radiological materials, nuclear weapons components, and associated delivery vehicles; and
b. the elimination of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons components, and nuclear weapons delivery vehicles.
2. Preventing the proliferation of nuclear and chemical weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise.
3. Preventing the proliferation of biological weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise, which may include activities that facilitate detection and reporting of highly pathogenic diseases or other diseases that are associated with or that could be used as an early warning mechanism for disease outbreaks that could affect the Armed Forces of the United States or allies of the United States, regardless of whether such diseases are caused by biological weapons.
4. Preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction-related materials, including materials, equipment, and technology that could be used for the design, development, production, or use of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the means of delivery of such weapons.
5. Carrying out military-to-military and defense contacts for advancing the mission of the Program.
- Red Gate is looking to hire a Travel Team Support Lead to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency – Cooperative Threat Reduction (DTRA CTR) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) contract in its mission in cooperation with partner nations. Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Take a proactive role in client engagement and managing tasking as the lead of the Travel team
- Maintain and oversee the application of quality control across all aspects of business delivery of the team to ensure successful operations
- Manage, report on adherence, and ensure proper trip planning and travel coordination in adherence to SOPs, KPIs, and metrics; lead and document process modifications when necessary to maintain excellence in customer service
- Provide excellent communications skills including but not limited to the following medium
- Develop and brief presentation materials and reports for senior leadership
- Develop and disseminate training materials and instructional guides to DTRA CTR travelers
- Assist with records management related to maintaining and updating the intranet document repository built on a SharePoint platform
- Facilitate professional communications and project coordination with a large group of stakeholders including DTRA CTR staff, fellow A&AS contractors, and additional government entities
- Collaborate with system developers to identify system requirements and improvements regarding the CTR travel coordination tool
- Oversee coordination of travel support services for both government and contractor staff supporting CTR as directed, to include: booking of airline tickets, hotels and rental cars; preparation of government travel orders, processing and maintenance of passports and visas, and processing of official country clearance cables in full compliance with the DOD foreign Clearance Guide and Classified Supplement, and with Combatant Command (COCOM), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Department of State, Embassy and DTRA rules and timelines.
- Products include: Travel Orders, itineraries, travel trackers, passport requests, visa requests, country/theater/special area clearance request cables, and related documents
- Expertise with basic desktop publishing software including Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- The candidate must possess either Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Travel team operations, knowledge of all aspects of travel planning support including travel booking, passport tracking and requests, DoD and international travel rules compliance etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up, and follow-through to project completion.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance, or ability to obtain a U.S. clearance
- Experience with DTRA and DOD travel considerations.
- Experience with database data entry and travel records management, including knowledge of SharePoint usage.
- Preferred experience or knowledge of one or more of: Automated Travel Request Information Program (ATRIP) and the Program Budget and Management Web Application (PBMWA), CTR’s electronic and paper records management program.
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with a Secret clearance are preferred.
TRAVEL: Up to 15%
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights