Monitoring and Evaluation / Metrics Expert (Secret Clearance)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of Defense’s (DoD) CTR Program is a threat based, counter-weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) program, and the Department works cooperatively with allies and partners to reduce or eliminate WMD threats. The DoD’s CTR Program is guided by the 2017 National Security Strategy, 2018 National Defense Strategy, and the DoD Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Strategy. Its primary purpose is to reduce and eliminate WMD threats. The cooperative nature of the DoD’s CTR activities yields a secondary benefit of strengthening regional alliances, deepening existing partnerships, and attracting new partners. Consequently, the DoD, through the CTR Program, has helped create a network of likeminded allies and partners with increased threat reduction capabilities that contribute and advance the interests and security of the United States of America.
The CTR Program directly supports United States (U.S.) national security objectives and initiatives by:
a. the safe and secure transportation and storage of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons- usable or high-threat radiological materials, nuclear weapons components, and associated delivery vehicles; and
b. the elimination of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons components, and nuclear weapons delivery vehicles.
2. Preventing the proliferation of nuclear and chemical weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise.
3. Preventing the proliferation of biological weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise, which may include activities that facilitate detection and reporting of highly pathogenic diseases or other diseases that are associated with or that could be used as an early warning mechanism for disease outbreaks that could affect the Armed Forces of the United States or allies of the United States, regardless of whether such diseases are caused by biological weapons.
4. Preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction-related materials, including materials, equipment, and technology that could be used for the design, development, production, or use of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the means of delivery of such weapons.
5. Carrying out military-to-military and defense contacts for advancing the mission of the Program.
- Red Gate is looking to hire a Monitoring and Evaluation / Metrics SME to support the DoD Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP) mission in cooperation with DoD partner nations. Responsibilities for the position include, but not limited to:
- Support routine Metrics analyses and processes.
- Strategize and/or develop frameworks and procedures to augment the programs Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
- Act as a primary knowledge source for Metrics best practices and processes.
- Completes work products independently, on schedule, with exemplary quality control demonstrated by little to no rework required.
- Maintains proficiency in tasks/activities necessary for success.
- Identifies and applies best practices, innovation, and process improvement.
- Provides technical expertise to country assessments, requirements definition, gap analysis, analysis of alternatives, procurement and implementation oversight, metrics, and sustainability.
- Contributes to statements of work, work breakdown structures, independent cost estimates, source selection criteria, and technical evaluations of contractor proposals.
- Provides quality technical products to support decision making (e.g., papers, action memos, talking points, and briefings).
- Reviews project technical deliverables and coordinates with other team members to provide comments that advance project execution.
- Education/Experience: The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3 -10 years of relevant experience in public health, social science, biology, international development, public administration or other related field;
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills;
- Interim DoD SECRET clearance or higher;
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes resourcing, tracking, follow-up and follow-through to project completion;
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed;
- Combination of education and/or experience in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- An advanced degree that includes credits in the principles and practice of monitoring and evaluation;
- Familiarity with DTRA Cooperative Threat Reduction;
- Familiarity with nonproliferation and international engagement experience;
- Candidates with a final Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI clearance are preferred;
- Federal Acquisition life-cycle expertise;
- Recognized expertise in monitoring and evaluation;
- International program and/or health system experience;
- Ability to lead, mentor, and coach.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights