- Chantilly, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Clearance: N/A
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
This position will help lead the accounting department and ensure the on-schedule creation of organizational financial records. Responsibilities include closing and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting our monthly and quarterly results, including reconciling balance sheet accounts and account analysis.
- Execute the month-end closing and financial reporting process, including account analysis and reconciliation. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Assist in other areas of operation as requested by management, including working knowledge of employee benefit arrangements
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of government contract accounting and DCAA compliance
- Follow and improve upon established internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements
- Handle all semi-monthly payroll information, including maintaining accruals, deferrals, and GL posting and interfacing with external payroll services for payroll entry.
- Expertise and understanding of day-to-day operations support capabilities in Deltek Costpoint and/or
- Assists management and implements approved fiscal policies and procedures to ensure the office achieves its short- and long-term goals.
- Bachelor's degree higher in Accounting or Finance
- Full-cycle accounting knowledge and experience, including monthly source documents, financial close, adjustments, and reconciliations of books of accounts.
- Handle difficult situations with professionalism and efficiency, which require diplomacy and tact.
- Experience with pricing issues and policies.
- 10 to 15 years of experience with an academic background in either finance, accounting, or business management
- Proficient with Deltek Costpoint software
- Strong analytical and accounting skills Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Government contractor and job cost accounting experience a plus
- Familiarity or experience with DCAA audit and compliance reporting is a plus
- CPA certification is a plus
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights