Software Engineer (Java, TS/SCI)
- Fairfax, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Directorate for Mission Services (MS), Chief Information Officer (CIO) established the Enterprise Senior Information Technology Advisors Program to support the Department of Defense Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS) Enterprise’s mission, CIO’s strategic mission, and the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) strategy and implementation.
The Department of Defense (DOD) Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS) is a standard for intelligence systems and applications interoperability within the DoDIIS Enterprise. DoDIIS provides an integrated strategic system-of-systems environment to the DoDIIS customer performing intelligence functions consistent with IC ITE Architecture. Historically, DoDIIS systems have been developed individually by the Services, Agencies, and Organizations and independently funded through the General Defense Intelligence Program (GDIP).
The CIO‘s Strategic Vision is to facilitate and enhance information sharing across DoDIIS Enterprise, Achieve World-class IT Security and Collaboration across multiple networks, develop the CIO workforce, and to operate effectively and efficiently. Additionally, CIO’s focus is to strengthen their commitment to their customers through partnerships and collaboration, delivering consistent and reliable IT services helping the customer to achieve their program mission objectives. This contract will play a critical role in helping CIO achieve that ultimate goal, resulting in greater trust across DIA and DoDIIS.
- Be a part of a software development team building large data prototypes on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in support of a critical mission requirement.
- Provide experience in Cloud Technologies, AWS/C2S, containers, data layers, micro-services, and SQL/NSQL database experience.
- Technical subject matter expertise in software coding and unit level testing, including but not limited to Java, Python, Ruby, R.
- Interact in a collaborative rapid feedback environment to deliver process improvements to the end user.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills are required in this environment.
- Frequent interaction between the analysts and engineers is key in this opportunity.
- Ability to use critical thinking and a variety of software tools and languages to tackle new challenges each day.
- Ability to understand and translate technical jargon to mission-users.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance. U.S. Citizenship required.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related major from an accredited university.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a related field.
- Technical subject matter expertise with full stack application development using Java, JEE, and Spring.
- Experience leading technical teams using Agile Scrum.
- Ability to develop work products within short Agile development two-week sprints.
- Experience with AWS and AWS cloud native applications.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages like Python or Perl are a plus.
- Experience with search technologies such as ElasticSearch, and Solr are a plus.
- Experience with various databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience creating data models to translate data in various formats for ingestion into an enterprise data store
- Experience with maintaining continuous test and deployment environments to support rapid application development.
- Strong knowledge of software best practices to enhance the security posture of applications.
- Selected candidate shall process for TS SCI clearance.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights