Country/Regional Lead - DTRA
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of Defense’s (DoD) CTR Program is a threat based, counter-weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) program, and the Department works cooperatively with allies and partners to reduce or eliminate WMD threats. The DoD’s CTR Program is guided by the 2017 National Security Strategy, 2018 National Defense Strategy, and the DoD Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Strategy. Its primary purpose is to reduce and eliminate WMD threats. The cooperative nature of the DoD’s CTR activities yields a secondary benefit of strengthening regional alliances, deepening existing partnerships, and attracting new partners. Consequently, the DoD, through the CTR Program, has helped create a network of likeminded allies and partners with increased threat reduction capabilities that contribute and advance the interests and security of the United States of America.
The CTR Program directly supports United States (U.S.) national security objectives and initiatives by:
- Safe and secure transportation and storage of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons- usable or high-threat radiological materials, nuclear weapons components, and associated delivery vehicles; and
- Elimination of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons components, and nuclear weapons delivery vehicles.
2. Preventing the proliferation of nuclear and chemical weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise.
3. Preventing the proliferation of biological weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise, which may include activities that facilitate detection and reporting of highly pathogenic diseases or other diseases that are associated with or that could be used as an early warning mechanism for disease outbreaks that could affect the Armed Forces of the United States or allies of the United States, regardless of whether such diseases are caused by biological weapons.
4. Preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction-related materials, including materials, equipment, and technology that could be used for the design, development, production, or use of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the means of delivery of such weapons.
5. Carrying out military-to-military and defense contacts for advancing the mission of the Program.
Support the CTR Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP) mission as a member of the Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) contract team. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be an engaged, proactive member of the team. Contribute to teamwork and engage in the intra-team collaboration.
- Provide project management support for the full range of BTRP activities in the assigned country/region.
- Establish cadence and facilitates regular and productive coordination and communication within government A&AS community members working on efforts/engagements in the assigned AORs.
- Provide advisory and assistant services with regards to linking activities and objectives to National Defense Strategy, Combatant Command plans, DoD, DTRA, CTR and BTRP priorities, and efforts of interagency partners.
- Advise and assists government counterparts with development and formulation of requirements and end-states.
- Assist and advise the government Country/Regional/Science Manager – as well as other government and A&AS counterparts contributing to implementation of the AOR priorities – with requirement validation, project idea development, acquisition planning, project initiation, planning, execution and monitoring, and closeout.
- Utilize best project management practices and established acquisition and other procedures.
- Support the client in drafting and finalizing various project and AOR portfolio documents, analyze data, and conduct research pertinent to the AOR’s ongoing and planned engagements.
- Support government counterparts in utilizing Program Management Reviews (PMRs) as a tool to manage portfolio of projects in the assigned AOR, assist the client in review and documentation of project scope, schedule, budget status and forecast.
- Support prompt and thorough responses to short-fuse taskers.
- Capture lessons learned and recommended – and, where possible, incorporate – solutions to action items and process improvement methodologies.
- Support government personnel in planning travel and fulfilling pre-travel requirements.
- Travels in support of the BTRP mission.
- Bachelors or master's with 3-10 years of project management experience
- Experience applying project management best practices in support of multiple ongoing projects while delivering high-quality outputs. Ability to track multiple competing priorities and dynamic components.
- Track record working in a matrixed environment, coordinating work across large, diverse teams, and being an effective and collaborative team member.
- Experience building effective relationship with clients and other stakeholders, understanding client’s requirements and contribution to organization’s meeting client expectations.
- DoD SECRET clearance or higher
- Familiarity with the Cooperative Threat Reduction program with experience related to DTRA CTR preferable.
- International engagement experience.
- Project Management Professional certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with a Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI clearance are preferred.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights