Red Cell Cyber Analyst (TS/SCI)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (NE), Mission Assurance Department (MA) performs DoD Red Team Assessments. The DoD Red Team delivers a unique assessment capability in that it emulates an independent, multidisciplinary adversary providing a true “outside looking in” perspective. Adversarial types emulated by the DoD Red Team include foreign intelligence entities, Level II Asymmetric threats, insider threats, and terrorist organizations.
The Red Cell Cyber Analyst assumes all cyber advisory responsibility for the Red Team. The Red Cell Cyber Analyst works as needed with Red Cell Program Leads. This will include supporting adversarial cyber information for program objectives, identifying gaps in cyber architecture, and developing cyber emulative courses of action pertaining to vulnerability assessment. The Red Cell Cyber Analyst is responsible for providing advice to tactical partner elements and Red Team personnel in planning adversarial Cyber Warfare activities. He/She reports directly to the Red Team Analysis and Production Manager but directly fulfills requirements for the Red Cell Program Leader. The Red Cell Program Leader is responsible overall for the team’s ability to meet or exceed contractual obligations in terms of quality and timeliness.
The Red Cell Cyber Analyst is responsible for providing advisory support concerning computer (network and infrastructure) analysis to enable Adversarial Cyber and/or Electronic Warfare Operations to an evolving Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Nuclear Enterprise, Mission Assurance Red or DoD Red Team.
The Red Cell Cyber Analyst will perform duties as the core subject matter expert (SME) in cyber red team analysis in a variety of complex data topics related to various threats. As required, the Red Cell Cyber Analyst will deploy in direct support of specific vulnerability assessments to provide local SME advisory.
- BS/BA degree with (2) two years applicable experience as a cyber analyst; OR Associates Degree with (4) four years applicable experience as a cyber analyst; OR (8) eight years of applicable experience as a cyber analyst.
- Previous experience concerning the components and functions of various communications networks and information systems.
- An understanding of both the physical and digital aspects of communications systems.
- Proficient in understanding, analyzing, and summarizing comprehensive and complex technical, contractual, and research information/data.
- Demonstrated expertise in performing information/data collection, analysis, and fusion.
- Excellent analytical, communications-both oral and written, and project management experience.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain GSEC or Security+
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or other STEM disciplines
The successful candidate will also have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Understand and be well versed in common cyber threat terminology, vulnerability and penetration test principles and methodologies
- Possess basic knowledge of cyber incident and response forensics and related current events.
- Familiarity with Log Analysis, Packet Analysis OSI Model, Network Architectures, NIST, DIA-CAP, RMF, and Information Operations, threat intelligence activities including the collection of and tracking threat actors, digital forensics incident response; and threat hunting methodologies.
- Experience performing attack analysis or Red Team penetration testing against operational computer networks including experience in Windows Security, Network Security, Linux/Unix Security, Database security, or Mainframe Security.
- Ability to operate and navigate the Windows and UNIX/Linux operating system from the command prompt/line with ease.
- Graduate of one of the following Joint Cyber Analysis Course, Cyber Common Technical Core, Cyber Threat Emulation Methodologies or equivalent
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights