Senior Exercise Planner (TS/SCI)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The DTRA Strategic Integration (SI) Directorate supports the mission of the Director DTRA by shaping DTRA’s response to the challenges and priorities set forth in the National Defense Strategy, focusing the Agency’s operations, activities, and investments (OAIs) in a manner that maximizes their cumulative effect in support of our warfighting customers. To accomplish this, full spectrum CWMD support requires a flexible, timely and responsive subject matter expert (SME) work force to support the CWMD mission within and external to DTRA, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, Combatant Commands, Services, other U.S. Government, Departments and Agencies, friends, allies, and partner nations as appropriate at home and abroad.
This contract is focused on providing fully integrated Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS) support to the SI Directorate in the daily performance and execution of the DoD CWMD mission. The A&AS support requirements for these efforts mostly fall into these areas as summarized below:
- Strategic planning and strategy management for development and execution of the Agency’s Vision, Mission Goals and Objectives.
- Operational-level planning for development and support of joint CWMD mission strategy, plans, policy, and doctrine. Scientific, technical, analytical, advocacy support to enhance CWMD capabilities and support to the Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Technical, scientific, operational, and policy-related advice and administrative support to CWMD Groups, Committees, Organizations, and Inter-Agency Coordination Functions.
- Agency-wide strategic planning, strategy management and implementation, performance management and measurement analysis, operations research analysis, policy integration, and organizational assessment support.
- Regional engagement, coordination, analytical, operational, and technical support.
- Conduct of WMD elimination mission planning, exercises, and operations, actions, and initiatives (OAIs).
You will assist the Government in designing, developing, and delivering internal and external tabletop exercises (TTXs) focused on experiential learning and workforce development. You will design new/novel games from start to finish and develop concepts, game mechanics, read ahead materials, game-day materials, and presentations. You will assist with providing written analysis after each exercise is complete on outcomes of each game/game series including recommendations on future Agency activities, investments, and operations. You will provide thorough assessment of value of game and recommend improvements and edits as appropriate as well as support delivery of externally produced exercises in digital or hard copy forms.
- 8+ years’ experience and a BA/BS Degree required
- Must have experience working in the CWMD community of interest to create realistic TTXs that are relevant and technically accurate.
- Must have experience leading the development, design, planning, and implementation of table-top training exercises.
- Must be able to work in a teaming environment to bring together every aspect of hosting a TTX either at DTRA or at a specific CCMD.
- Proficiency or experience with ESRI software – ArcGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Experience capturing, analyzing, and disseminating lessons learned.
- DTRA and/or CWMD experience required.
- Experience planning military exercises.
- Must have strong oral and writing skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to follow detailed direction and work independently is a must.
- Ability to plan exercises on the strategic level.
- Ability to facilitate senior level meetings.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights