Audit Remediation and Liaison (TS/SCI)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The candidate shall provide qualified support to the government in the development of policies, procedures, and business process and/or financial management system improvements that enable agency fiscal compliance and audit remediation efforts. The contractor shall perform primary functions as follows:
- Assists in lead team of contract support staff.
- Develop staff packages and supporting materials.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to NGA, FM, and/or oversight agency senior leadership as necessary.
- Review audit reports, business process internal controls, and supporting financial documentation to identify audit impediments, such as lack of effective controls or substantial non-compliance with laws and regulations, and provide recommendations.
- Complete corrective actions which may include performing analysis and reconciliations of financial transactions; documenting business processes and internal controls; and providing training to business process owners.
- Research fiscal statutes, regulations and oversight guidance.
- Assist in the development and administration of the agency Triannual Review Program.
- Coordinate MCAP deliverables with business process owners and assist with monitoring goals and milestone targets for completion to ensure each applicable line item identified in the MCAP is addressed and resolved.
- Manage incoming Prepared by Client (PBC) requests, assign PBC owners, and manage PBC status on a daily basis to include updating the master PBC tracker and database, and providing metrics.
- Perform quality control on submitted PBC items as required and respond to auditor questions or coordinate meetings between process owners and auditors.
- Manage communications with internal and external entities to include PBC requests to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
- Manage the Notice of Findings and Recommendations (NFR) process to include receipt and distribution to finding owners for factual accuracy and final acceptance.
- Provide analysis of NFRs for proper causal factors and recommendations, advise process owners of concerns over narrative.
- Provide administrative support to the NGA Audit Committee.
- Respond to request for populations at auditors request.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance, with a CI poly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance, business management, accounting, or equivalent field of experience.
- 8 years of demonstrated specialized experience in a federal financial management function such as an accountant, financial auditor, financial analyst, or financial system analyst.
- 6 years of specialized experience performing consulting services in one of the following areas: audit remediation, analysis and reconciliations of financial transactions, audit liaison, A-123 compliance, or policy development.
- Demonstrated experience, within 5 years of the date of release of Amendment 2 of this RFP with a Momentum-based financial management system.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Government Financial Manager.
- Demonstrated experience with the GEOINT-Financials (GEO-F) system (1 – 2 years).
- Demonstrated specialized experience with DoD or IC financial management business processes and financial systems.
- Prior financial statement audit experience as an external financial statement auditor.
Travel may be required within the Washington National Capital Region (NCR) on an as-needed basis for customer or corporate requirements.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights