Media Operations Officer (Secret Clearance)
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The mission of the Central Command Communication Integration Directorate (CCCI) is to serve as the principal advisor to the Commander on all internal and external communication strategies and to support the command's mission objectives. CCCI supports the command's obligation to keep the American people and regional audiences informed about CENTCOM operations that lead to defeating our adversaries, improving regional stability, and promoting and protecting U.S. interest in the CENTCOM area of responsibility (AOR).
Media section personnel will be responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating responses to media queries; and when directed and under U.S. Government supervision, provide draft statements for consideration as responses to media queries. Media Operations Officers will be prepared to rotate on shift work as needed during times of crisis and/or increased operational requirements.
Media Operations Officers will:
- Conduct research as required; write draft communication products such as public affairs guidance, responses to query, talking points, and other products as needed.
- Plan and conduct daily conference calls with public affairs counterparts.
- Provide media training expertise to key senior CENTCOM leaders or designated spokespersons.
- Develop and provide executive-level products to prepare key senior CENTCOM leaders for media engagements.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of periodic public affairs briefings.
- Plan and coordinate media embeds for events involving CENTCOM key leadership
- Active Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of media communications, dissemination techniques and methods, as well as experience with crisis communications.
- Ability to concisely and efficiently research, write, and coordinate proposed responses to media queries.
- Knowledge of how to conduct research to determine key foreign communicators (government officials, journalists, religious leaders, etc.) their leanings and target audiences.
- Knowledge of the requirements for writing effective and timely public affairs guidance, responses to query, talking points, or other appropriate communication products on key issues pertaining to the CENTCOM AOR.
- Knowledge of global outreach dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and educate via written, oral, and visual media.
- Knowledge of effective media training techniques and the ability to effectively and tactfully train senior CENTCOM leaders or designated spokespersons.
- Knowledge of the planning and execution requirements for press conferences, conference call coordination, and remote briefings.
- Knowledge of current social media applications, technologies, particularly those used by the U.S. military, including DVIDs, and industry best practices regarding social media applications and technologies.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style, Microsoft Office Suite, and Share Point.
- Excellent communication, briefing, public affairs, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a team.
- Knowledge of the U.S. military structure, culture, and language a plus
- Previous public affairs experience
- Educational background in communications, public affairs/relations, journalism, history, political science, and/or international affairs a plus.
- Accreditation in Public Relations a plus
- Previous experience supporting 24/7 shift operations
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law