Strategic Offensive Arms Elimination Expert (10 yrs exp, Secret Clearance)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
This position will function as the Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) Project Analyst for the DTRA Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) Security and Elimination (S&E) Department. The Security and Elimination (S&E) Department supports international partner nations by PREPARING plans and capabilities to rapidly respond to contingencies to secure and eliminate WMD; SECURING nuclear, radiological, and chemical weapons and materials; and ELIMINATING nuclear and chemical weapons and delivery systems. The S&E Subject Matter Expert serves as lead technical Advisor and Assistance
Support to the Government Project Officer and is directly responsible for ensuring all project level deliverables meet quality and schedule requirements.
This role will serve as a Subject Matter Expert that will provide advice, assistance, and technical expertise, primarily in the following areas:
(1) Explosives, Solid and Liquid Propellant Safety, Handling, and elimination;
(2) WMD Delivery Systems and Related Commodities Proliferation;
(3) Disposition of WMD Delivery Systems, supporting infrastructure, and related strategic commodities;
(4) Safe and Secure Transportation of interdicted WMD Materials; and
(5) Support scoping of intelligence requests for information, and analyzing reports to feed into planning, preparation, and technology development.
- Develops and delivers briefings for senior DoD officials;
- Support updates to quarterly project fact sheets and regional/country summaries for the Office of the Secretary of Defense;
- Support development of project level inputs for Program Objective Memorandum, Project Management Reviews, Annual Report to Congress, Annual Spend Plans, and metrics reviews as required;
- Support country assessments and validating project metrics on a recurring basis;
- Responsible for conducting assessments, training needs analysis, identifying and validating requirements, and developing strategy and objectives for projects ranging from WMD delivery systems and commodities response, WMD site security, transportation security, and elimination of WMD delivery systems, supporting infrastructure, and commodities;
- Responsible for assisting project officers with linking project activities and objectives to National Strategy, Combatant Command plans, DoD priorities, and efforts of interagency partners;
- Responsible for assisting with the development of, and/or reviewing statements of work, work breakdown structures, independent cost estimates, source selection criteria, and technical evaluations of contractor proposals;
- Responsible for advising project officers on and developing sustainment and transition plans to ensure partner nations are capable of maintaining capacity upon project completion;
- Responsible for providing quality staff products including analysis and assimilating information and developing products to support decision making (e.g. papers, action memos, talking points, and briefings);
- Will be expected to review project technical deliverables and coordinate with other team members to provide comments that will advance project execution;
- Will interact with U.S. Government personnel, other contractors, and in-country representatives to include foreign governments;
- Will be required to travel OCONUS to support project execution (i.e., develop requirements, monitor/inspect work completed, and coordinate with in-country representatives).
- May be required to travel OCONUS ~25% of schedule. Trips typically last 1 week, but, on occasion, may extend to 2 weeks or more in duration;
- Will be expected to coordinate logistics requirements for travel;
- Will coordinate with project analysts to support requirements development, sustainment, cost vs. performance trade-off analysis, feasibility analysis, regulatory compliance support, quality assurance, and cradle to grave project management;
- Will coordinate with project analysts to develop budget estimates;
- Will develop, coordinate, and/or contribute to trip reports following all work related travel;
- Will support additional related activities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) and 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience in programs dealing with WMD delivery systems and commodities threats, including chemical, and biological materials
- Experience with Explosives, Solid and Liquid Propellant Safety
- Proficient in staffing processes and able to assimilate and analyze information, develop products to support decision making.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to work independently
- Must currently hold, or be eligible for a DoD TS/SCI clearance
DESIRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- MS and 15+ years of related experience
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal qualified.
- Familiar with the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)
- Familiar with project management and acquisition processes are desired
- Demonstrated capability to prepare relevant instructional content and conduct training and mentoring
- Experience working with the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, and US National Laboratories
- Experience working with international partners and international organizations
- Experience with U.S. government programs to reduce nuclear, chemical, or biological threats internationally
- Knowledge of the intersection between safety, security, and safeguards (3S) as they are applied at facilities that hold nuclear and radiological material
- Active DoD TS/SCI
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Know Your Rights